Brazil v Costa Rica

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

I missed the pre match, will there be an update from the England team at HT or have they already ndone that?

If there is any England update nonsense then I either mute the TV while they are doing so or I leave the room while it is on.  Complete and utter nonsense in a game that does not involve England.

2 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

I missed the pre match, will there be an update from the England team at HT or have they already ndone that?

96228703_l.jpg

Hopefully they'll let us know all the crucial news from the England camp we can't live without.

9 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

Does anyone else think there could be a tournament winner no one expects this summer.  I have not been impressed with the big names so far.  Maybe someone like a Portugal, Croatia or Belgium could have a successful world cup as result.

England :o :lol:

I mean, I get that not every time a player goes down and a foul isn't awarded is necessarily a dive, but some will be. Referees have been very lenient simulation-wise in this tournament. 

Brazil don't strike me as a particularly likeable team, especially Neymar. 

When did international football turn so shite?!

The World Cup is a great occasion and all that, but the attacking play overall has been poor.

All the fuss over no 0-0 draws doesn't hide the fact that we are averaging 2.2 goals per game, which is the equal lowest ever World Cup average, and thats with VAR awarding numerous penalties which probably wouldn't have been given in previous tournaments.

6 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Does anyone else think there could be a tournament winner no one expects this summer.  I have not been impressed with the big names so far.  Maybe someone like a Portugal, Croatia or Belgium could have a successful world cup as result.

I think that is a definite possibility. The traditional challengers have lol been varying degrees of disappointing. Not much of a gap to the middling level teams.

A bit of belief and momentum and maybe a team could go all the way.

Even though they are not great on paper, Russia might take some stopping if they continue to build momentum.

England, Portugal or Belgium could shitefest it.

Croatia showed as much quality as anyone so far last night.

Mexico showed some great stuff against Germany. 

Regarding the kits, I think every team has to wear their away kit at least once. I'm guessing it could be because FIFA don't like the idea of kits that never actually saw the light of day being sold to the public. Could be talking shite though.

2 minutes ago, Merkie84 said:

I think that is a definite possibility. The traditional challengers have lol been varying degrees of disappointing. Not much of a gap to the middling level teams.

A bit of belief and momentum and maybe a team could go all the way.

Even though they are not great on paper, Russia might take some stopping if they continue to build momentum.

England, Portugal or Belgium could shitefest it.

Croatia showed as much quality as anyone so far last night.

Mexico showed some great stuff against Germany. 

Ive got money on Croatia, so I'd be happy for them, but otherwise I'd love someone like Mexico or Colombia to win it, where they really get behind their national team,  rather than a European team.

Or Iran. That would be tremendous.

Archived