pretentious twattery (aka the finer things in life)

22 minutes ago, The OP said:

the horological equivalent of a trainspotter,

:lol: Thats me.

One more thing about them is they hold their value*, so if ever you were strapped for cash you could just punt it and not really lose any money, (maybe even make a profit).

* unlike a car, or an engagement ring.8)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Organic free range eggs (trust me they are better).

We went one better and got 4 ex-battery chickens to keep in the garden. 

Popping on a pair of slippers and nipping out the back for a couple of freshly laid eggs for brekky is the bollocks. The hens eat every type of garden pest imaginable too, including mice.

52 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

We went one better and got 4 ex-battery chickens to keep in the garden. 

Popping on a pair of slippers and nipping out the back for a couple of freshly laid eggs for brekky is the bollocks. The hens eat every type of garden pest imaginable too, including mice.

I was about to call shite on this, but I checked and it's true. You learn something everyday.

8 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I was about to call shite on this, but I checked and it's true. You learn something everyday.

You thought they wouldn’t work without the batteries didn’t you?  Go on, admit it.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

My mother traumatised herself one day when we were off on holiday and she decided to let them out their run for a wander about before it got too dark. Apparently the biggest one caught a young mouse, continually battered it against a slab while it squeaked to high heaven and then when the others clocked what was going on they decided that a single small mouse was actually made for sharing and so all 4 of them then fought over it.:shutup

I like to get a bit knobby with coffee. I only buy whole beans, and I have a burr grinder at home, I grind just enough to make myself one cup of coffee at a time because ground coffee loses its freshness within a day or so. I don't buy pre-ground at all and I'd rather go thirsty than drink instant. 

I find Aeropress makes the best coffee but I have a French press for emergencies. 

I like to get a bit knobby with coffee. I only buy whole beans, and I have a burr grinder at home, I grind just enough to make myself one cup of coffee at a time because ground coffee loses its freshness within a day or so. I don't buy pre-ground at all and I'd rather go thirsty than drink instant. 
I find Aeropress makes the best coffee but I have a French press for emergencies. 

coffee and bacon for me. cant beat butchers bacon. you dont get any of that white slime that comes off shop bought bacon as the added water escapes

coffee and bacon for me. cant beat butchers bacon. you dont get any of that white slime that comes off shop bought bacon as the added water escapes

Butchers for all meat for me. Guy I work with gets frozen farm foods bacon. Had it once and was shite

Butchers for all meat for me. Guy I work with gets frozen farm foods bacon. Had it once and was shite
i used to eat cheap meat but wouldnt touch it now. bacon especially but also steak and chicken.

On 23/06/2018 at 15:23, Rizzo said:

My mother traumatised herself one day when we were off on holiday and she decided to let them out their run for a wander about before it got too dark. Apparently the biggest one caught a young mouse, continually battered it against a slab while it squeaked to high heaven and then when the others clocked what was going on they decided that a single small mouse was actually made for sharing and so all 4 of them then fought over it.:shutup

Learning about chickens eating mice has put me right off my piece today :yucky 

33 minutes ago, endieinreekie said:

Anyone who drinks instant coffee is one for the watching.

It used to be called Carte Noire but changed its name to L'Or - it's very acceptable and can usually be bought for around £4 for a 200g jar.

Nescafe is the absolute pits.

Archived