Iran vs Spain

senorsoupe

My food based prediction model will once again follow the conventional football wisdom.  Spain is the land of tapas, good wine, and good seafood.  Plus San Sebastian, one of the great food cities in Europe is located (politically) in Spain

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Expect this one to be maybe the game that the favourites get a couple of goals. Iran will maybe do what morrocco did and try and press, but the patience of spain and the passing game they play will probably tire iran out. Goals maybe late on in this one, based on the last few days it will tight.

2-0 spain

Is this story that Evra is wittering on about actually any better than Giggs' "Don't Call me Giggs" classic from last week???

I'm sure Putin would love to see Iran win and squeeze into the next round as second in the group to meet Russia (provided the Russians keep Uruguay to a draw), but I very much doubt Spain will do anything other than pump our Arabian friends.

If Spain does win and get to four points like Portugal has, I can see Russia and Uruguay treating their match next week as a glorified friendly; I don't see how you could have a strong preference for either Iberian side as an opponent in the knock out rounds, so might as well conserve energy and field your subs.

Archived