Have you let yourself go?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being overly restrictive with food is a boring existence.

I try and balance it.
Go crazy now and again but I try and look after myself ‘cause the idea of having a stroke and being turned into a gibbering mess scares the shit out of me.

"Properly alcoholics are usually thin".
I trust you and will batter on 'till I get to 13 stone.

It’s true tbf, the likes of George Best, Amy Winehouse and Paul Gasgoine confirm this. If you just like the drink and that lifestyle you will likely be overweight but those who have proper drink problems usually aren’t.

Always had love handles, but when I was 20/21 I lost about 30lbs in 3 months, bringing my weight down to 10 1/2 stone. Felt absolutely brilliant, however it was pretty fucking hard to maintain and at this moment in time a couple years later I’m probably about 12 1/2 stone. Not I’m fat by stretch, pretty broad, but I’m not where I’d like to be.

3 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Being overly restrictive with food is a boring existence.

I try and balance it.
Go crazy now and again but I try and look after myself ‘cause the idea of having a stroke and being turned into a gibbering mess scares the shit out of me.

You mean that hasn’t happened?

25 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

A policeman friend of mine once arrested an alcoholic who said that he drank two bottles of vodka and three bottles of cider a day and didn't eat anything.

I always wondered what happened to Wunfellaf. 

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I always wondered what happened to Wunfellaf. 

It must be hard work getting the money to drink that much - how much is the cheapest litre of vodka, about £10?  And a bottle of gut-rot cider is about £5, so that's £35 a day to be found for drink, £245 a week.  I assume the guy wasn't working so he must've been thieving or something like that, all while absolutely cunted.

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

It must be hard work getting the money to drink that much - how much is the cheapest litre of vodka, about £10?  And a bottle of gut-rot cider is about £5, so that's £35 a day to be found for drink, £245 a week.  I assume the guy wasn't working so he must've been thieving or something like that, all while absolutely cunted.

Probably had an upcycling business from the skips he used to sleep in.

10 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Since stopping drinking alcohol I’ve lost about 2 stones, now a healthy(er) 12 and a bit. At 5’11” and over 50 I think that’s pretty reasonable.

That’s more than reasonable, I still consider myself overweight, 6’0 and 14 st and was told by the dietician I’d lost enough and to stop

2 hours ago, throbber said:

If you just like the drink and that lifestyle you will likely be overweight but those who have proper drink problems usually aren’t.

The red blotchy faces give the proper ones away 

A policeman friend of mine once arrested an alcoholic who said that he drank two bottles of vodka and three bottles of cider a day and didn't eat anything.

I knew a guy who was drinking 3 litres of vodka a day at his worst. I remember seeing him down about half a pint of it straight the morning he woke up after a party we were at, he was 38 at the time and died at the age of 47 but by f**k did he abuse his body.

Start of the year I was around 84kg, now down to around 80. Been going to the gym 2/3 times a week, go running sporadically and occasionally have a go at a few of the local Parkour courses. Diet could be better but has improved hugely in the last few years. I also drink far less, though still have a tendency to binge heavily when I do have a bevvy.

theres a boy in Forfar whos a well known alcoholic who will freely admit he gets extra benefit money to subsidise his drinking. absolute joke. i can understand suddenly stopping could kill him but aiding his over drinking is surely a step far too far!

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Probably more than that now due to the minimum alcohol price thingy.

Archived