Have you let yourself go?

Was born a chubby fecker so using that as my yardstick I haven't let myself go. I'm about 18 1/2 stone last time I weighed myself but lead a relatively active life. Drink far too much which is where most the lard comes from and while I'd likd to be 'buff' again, not if it requires lots of effort on my part. Might get a scare that provokes a lifestyle change but I'm not going to preempt it.

Huzzah for booze and pies.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Compared to myself at 18y/o then yes I have.
33. 6ft. 14.5st
fat always goes on the gut - this is mainly due to booze and snacks.
If I dial back the bevvy it’ll come off, but I’m not too fussed I’ve always been big built so carry the weight ok.

2 minutes ago, rodallegabombs said:

Compared to myself at 18y/o then yes I have.
33. 6ft. 14.5st
fat always goes on the gut - this is mainly due to booze and snacks.
If I dial back the bevvy it’ll come off, but I’m not too fussed I’ve always been big built so carry the weight ok.

Sounds familiar, I'm 6' and was always a well built guy. Even when I was really into distance running and hardly doing any upper body phys I was about 13 and a half stone.

I've graduates to a fully fledged wok smuggler now though. At 50 I'm cool with it without exactly being happy with it if you know what I mean.

Sounds familiar, I'm 6' and was always a well built guy. Even when I was really into distance running and hardly doing any upper body phys I was about 13 and a half stone.
I've graduates to a fully fledged wok smuggler now though. At 50 I'm cool with it without exactly being happy with it if you know what I mean.

I know what you mean, for me in an ideal world I’d have a completely flat stomach and look like Olivier Giroud [emoji177].
But I enjoy food, it’s not just sustenance for me. I love a scoop as well and I’m not prepared to sacrifice those. If it came down to immediate health concerns then I’d have to make a change.

Genetics play a part too as all the males on my Dad’s side of the family are similar as they get older. Quite slim in general with enormous beer guts. It’s actually quite amusing when I see them all together, then I realise I’m looking at myself in 20 years time [emoji22]

I'm a chip off the old block too. Old man died last year at 84, he was more into his pies than me but I'm more into the bevvy. I keep getting told how much I look like him and for a long while I've had a good insight into my probable future, no guarantees mind. Reckon I'll go through pie and or bevvy related cause, gotta die of something. Slainte.

5 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

44 today. Never let myself go.
75kg when wet. Will fight any dog.

Happy Birthday.

OT: I don't tank the booze or snack/eat badly. Don't exercise in gyms but 5-a-side & walk.

BMI is 21.5. 6'2 & 13st.

I’ve a kid with allergies, soya is in everything! Pain in the ass! She also doesn’t have dairy, egg or gluten. She’s got no body fat!

Considering most dairy substitutes have soya in them it makes things tougher for me. My supplements have soya in them so I'll have to find an alternative eventually.

im 30 now and weigh 10st 10lb but at 23 i was 18st 6lb. i worked my ass off dieting to get to 12st and since then its been a lot of exercise qnd monitoring what i eat. i never go hungry and have days where i eat what i want but i make up for them and enjoy my stomach that is near a 6 pack.

just wasnt happy myself with how i looked

Guest Moomintroll
Same. Probably about 15 and a half stone. The only thing I have as an advantage is I am 6’4” so it doesn’t show as much [emoji38] 
Fook off, im 5'11", worst part is looking at cctv in work and thinking whos that fat cnut before realising[emoji35]

im 30 now and weigh 10st 10lb but at 23 i was 18st 6lb. i worked my ass off dieting to get to 12st and since then its been a lot of exercise qnd monitoring what i eat. i never go hungry and have days where i eat what i want but i make up for them and enjoy my stomach that is near a 6 pack.

just wasnt happy myself with how i looked

I was the opposite as I was always thin and in good shape until my late 20’s and didn’t care about how I looked and let myself go for months at a time before going on half arsed health kicks. I’m just not motivated enough to be in proper good shape if it means I can’t get my beer and wine as and when i want it.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

I was the opposite as I was always thin and in good shape until my late 20’s and didn’t care about how I looked and let myself go for months at a time before going on half arsed health kicks. I’m just not motivated enough to be in proper good shape if it means I can’t get my beer and wine as and when i want it.

I'll drink to that brother. 

I can't promise unfortunately.

Drinking constantly doesn’t make you fat, it’s just because the consumption of alcohol puts a stop to your bodies fat burning processes and what ever you eat during those periods being stored as fat and not burned off properly. Usually when folk drink a lot; they eat shite as well and drink fizzy drinks to get over the booze to get them through the day.

Properly alcoholics are usually thin.

8 minutes ago, throbber said:

Drinking constantly doesn’t make you fat, it’s just because the consumption of alcohol puts a stop to your bodies fat burning processes and what ever you eat during those periods being stored as fat and not burned off properly. Usually when folk drink a lot; they eat shite as well and drink fizzy drinks to get over the booze to get them through the day.

Properly alcoholics are usually thin.

"Properly alcoholics are usually thin".

I trust you and will batter on 'till I get to 13 stone.

Archived