Have you let yourself go?

There seems to be a lot of fat munters on that clubbing thread. A high concentration are from Paisley.

Do you take care of yourself and exercise and eat right?

Or do you not give a shit, do f**k all exercise and eat what you please cause food is awesome and makes you feel good?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe in taking care of myself, and a balanced diet and a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

Physically I think I'm in decent shape. Quite skinny (not skinny fat) and I'm happy enough to look like that. I have no interest in becoming a musclely freak. I just try and eat well and do a lot of walking.

Took dairy out of my diet at the beginning of the year and on the advice of a nutritionist have now taken out eggs and have cut down on soya, with the aim of eventually completely taking that out as well. If I was to take out meat I would be officially vegan which would have seemed unthinkable for me at one time. But I don't miss the shite I was eating for most of my life.

I sprained my ankle pretty bad last month and having little to no exercise, I think I've put on half a stone since, which will put me into the orange BMI zone.

Rather annoying as I probably yo-yo a stone across the year, but the summer (with a lack of football days involving pubs) is meant to be my 'skinny season'. 

12 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

36 inch waist, 14 and a half stone, not in the best shape but im fat and happy.

Same. Probably about 15 and a half stone. The only thing I have as an advantage is I am 6’4” so it doesn’t show as much :lol: 

When I was at uni I was a fat b*****d through too much drinking and comfort eating but I’m in a better shape now. I am going to get a fit bit and see how many steps I do at work because I am doing a fair amount of walking most days and it’s keeping the weight off me.

I used to be slim, but have put on the beef a bit recently.  Mainly due to the beer, eating crisps and sitting on my arse 12 or 13 hours a day working.  No motivation to cut down on the beer, cannot change my work situation so I'm left with cutting back on crisps!

Still get into 31" waist

I had a horrendous diet when I lived on my own. Pretty much either microwave meals or takeaway every night. Combination of laziness and a really tiny kitchen. Now my diet is much improved and I love cooking from scratch. Fortunately I must have a high metabolism as despite eating shite for about 16 years I've never been a fat b*****d. Drink beer like water too, and I'm still in 34 inch trousers.

Lucky I guess. Don't do any real exercise at all. 

I had let myself go the last couple of years. Now I'm back to taking more care of myself. More running, more walking, and lifting weights as well. Dropped from 14st 3.8lb to 12st 9.4lb since the end of March. Looking a whole lot better, struggling to lift too heavy weights as I'm still in a deficit, but enjoying being at the gym again.

Realising that walking to work and back doesn’t really compensate for what I eat and drink. Gonna do slimming world with missus after I’ve enjoyed this gout tastic week of debauchery for the World Cup.  Done about 2000 steps total in last three days but still managed a Toby Carvery, dominos and got mortal for the England game in the boozer.

Although people laughed at him at the time, PB's Quavers diet does genuinely work wonders. For anyone looking to lose weight and keep it off I'd recommend it. Basically cut out everything from your diet except Quavers, eating a maximum of eighteen 34g bags as and when required throughout the day.

The only problem I found was that my fingers were absolutely honking, but after soaking them in a mixture of bleach and water I was able to get rid of the smell and I now eat with medical gloves on, although admittedly this raises a few eyebrows at corporate functions/ family gatherings.

Archived