Russia v Egypt

banana

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Only one David Marsh said:

The English media have over hyped the Egyptians because of salah and now they are the first team out of the world cup 

Technically not out yet. Egypt, Uruguay and Saudi Arabia could finish level on 3 points each and Egypt could have the best goal difference.

Didnt see tonights game, but i was led to believe, coming into this tournament that russia were pish and were going to crash and burn in this tournament. Fair enough the saudis were gash, but you can only beat whats infront of you and they are the 1st team to qualify when everyone thought they would be the 1st side to go out. Fair play to them.

2 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Didnt see tonights game, but i was led to believe, coming into this tournament that russia were pish and were going to crash and burn in this tournament. Fair enough the saudis were gash, but you can only beat whats infront of you and they are the 1st team to qualify when everyone thought they would be the 1st side to go out. Fair play to them.

Not that I don’t generally agree, but  it’s easier to be the first side to qualify when you’re the first side to play.

3 hours ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Jonathan Pearce. And I was looking forward to this one. No red button for alternative commentary either.

I had to listen to the radio since I was at work, your alternative commentary was just Pat Nevin telling you what Mo Salah was doing.  Main commentator barely got talking so description of the game was fairly minimal. 

Russia winning and this video made me feel better

Archived