Colombia v Japan (the hot one)

Cerberus

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Is the boy that got sent off safe to go home.

Agree that yellow shirt is a thing of beauty 

He plays for Fiorentina, if I were him I would head straight back to Italy after the world cup

He intentionally flung out his arm to stop the ball from going into the net, if you could get away with a yellow for doing that then you’d have players doing it left right and centre.

No you wouldn’t, just like you don’t have folk flying into tackles in the box “trying to play the ball”.

#Pray4Carlos 

I remember watching that Colombia vs USA game at my mate's. His Colombian gf was there and when Escobar scored the og she just turned around and said, 'He's dead.'

:green 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

No you wouldn’t, just like you don’t have folk flying into tackles in the box “trying to play the ball”.

You’re not seriously trying to argue that most players wouldn’t take a yellow card to deny a certain goal?

f**k me.

Looks like things wil lend in tears for Colombia yet again, after getting punted by Brazil four years ago Colombia will really need to win this group if they want to get far into the KO rounds.

Not that I mind Japan getting a pen and Colombia a red card, I'm a bit of a weeb so 'mon glorious Nippon!

2 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

That is already a rule, you just have to make it look like you went for the ball.

It’s a yellow if it’s unintentional, making it a yellow for intentional handball would be madness.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

It’s a yellow if it’s unintentional, making it a yellow for intentional handball would be madness.

That hasn't been suggested here, has it? Handball should be the same as any other situation. Deliberate gets a red card. I don't think it matters if it's deliberate or not at the moment.

9 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

#Pray4Carlos 

I remember watching that Colombia vs USA game at my mate's. His Colombian gf was there and when Escobar scored the og she just turned around and said, 'He's dead.'

:green 

ANDRES ESCOBAR, the Colombian defender , 27, thought to be no relation to Pablo Escobar, the cartel boss killed by troops last December, was shot 12 times by three men who fled in off-road vehicles of the type favoured by drugs and gambling mafiosi. 'Thanks for the own goal,' said one, according to witnesses.

Insane penalty to concede. Just let it go in and make sure the 11 men in your team batter Japan. It would have happened I think. It's not wholly obvious right now that Colombia are a man down, on balance of play. 

As it stands I reckon, so long as Japan are still leading with about half an hour to go, Colombia will have to go for it, will leave gaps/get knackered, and Japan could get a few more. 

Archived