Tunisia v England

Cerberus

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

If I could be arsed, I'd go back to the threads on here about Euro 2016 qualifying, which were filled with astonishingly arrogant, condescending nonsense about the Republic of Ireland side. It was quite odd bearing in mind Ireland have been comfortably better than Scotland for 20 odd years.

That's pish though.

1 minute ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

If I could be arsed, I'd go back to the threads on here about Euro 2016 qualifying, which were filled with astonishingly arrogant, condescending nonsense about the Republic of Ireland side. It was quite odd bearing in mind Ireland have been comfortably better than Scotland for 20 odd years.

Here's a little tip. If you're English and don't like the Scots ripping the piss out of your nation and media, don't post on a Scottish football fans forum. It's going to be a long night just contradicting every post.

2 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

We beat them at home, should have beat them away and failed to qualify above them because we shat it away to Georgia.

Ireland were shite mate.

1 minute ago, The OP said:

Harry Kane has excellent genes. Apart from in the general mouth/tongue/speech department.

Heard he doesn't even own a pair of Levi's.

3 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Here's a little tip. If you're English and don't like the Scots ripping the piss out of your nation and media, don't post on a Scottish football fans forum. It's going to be a long night just contradicting every post.

I don't p*ss-taking. Just commenting the the lack of self awareness (and Scotland fans are normally pretty self-aware to be fair).

3 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

We beat them at home, should have beat them away and failed to qualify above them because we shat it away to Georgia.

Ireland were shite mate.

Case in point. They took 4 points off the world champions, qualified for the tournament, beat Italy once they got there and got out of the group.

Anyway, enough of this, game's starting. 

Just now, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

I don't p*ss-taking. Just commenting the the lack of self awareness (and Scotland fans are normally pretty self-aware to be fair).

In your (English) opinion.

Shearer, Lampard, and Ferdinand are all very fair and honest pundits and Southgate seems a decent enough guy. I even think most England fans are realistic in expectations.

Still, a Tunisia win would be pretty hilarious...

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The intro was firmly tongue in cheek, untangle your knickers.

That was almost certainly the intention, but from a nation that notoriously thinks it’s better than it actually is, it was rather misjudged.

That’s not to say there isn’t the same attitude with Scotland; it’s just on a lesser scale. If BBC Scotland had the rights to our qualifiers and produced something similar for us simply qualifying it would be equally mis-judged.

Archived