Tunisia v England

Cerberus

Are they going to actually talk about tonight's game or even tonight's opposition???
I assume they've already qualified for the next round or something, must have missed that!!!

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep. Even more so if they don`t get out of the group. If they lose tonight against a decent Tunisia team that is a very likely outcome. I don`t think they will lose tonight but it would hardly be a massive shock if they did.

I think they will win, but it will be tight. Havent seen tunisia play, but by all accounts they are a half decent side. If they are going to win, would be great to see it be 2-1, and them go in 1-0 down at half time, just to see the looks on the bbc pundits faces

Shearer "no expectations to win world cup"
Was he comatosed during the opening, probably meant to be funny but actually what many England fans and media genuinely feel.

I think it was self aware. England seem to be more reasonable this year than in previous campaigns. Quarter finals would be an excellent achievement.

1 minute ago, Cumdog35 said:

flabblogheader.png

I was referring to her nose. 

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Out of all the English pundits, I don't mind Shearer too much. He got Lampard and Rio's excuses telt.

I like all three of them, to be honest. 

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Was he comatosed during the opening, probably meant to be funny but actually what many England fans and media genuinely feel.

Have you spoken to any England fans? None of us expect to win. People are excited though because, you know, it's the World Cup.

3 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

That’s exactly it.

If Scotland had been at the World Cup (don’t laugh) and BBC Scotland put together an opening like that, we’d have all had a good laugh because no-one not on crack would genuinely believe we could win the thing. 

But with England, because there is that underlying arrogance it’s incredibly difficult to see it as anything other than a genuine belief that they will do it - even if that wasn’t necessarily the intention. 

3 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

I really think very few English fans or media think they can win it. The opening was i`m sure meant to be funny but it was horrific nonetheless. 

8 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Have you spoken to any England fans? None of us expect to win. People are excited though because, you know, it's the World Cup.

south london ?

the flags outside your flat in bermondsey look, err, great !

Notice as well it's an all-England pundit squad in the studio, obviously they don't want any Johnny Foreigner dishing out opinions from the "real" world and ruining the mood for them!!!

2 minutes ago, The Master said:

That’s exactly it.

If Scotland had been at the World Cup (don’t laugh) and BBC Scotland put together an opening like that, we’d have all had a good laugh because no-one not on crack would genuinely believe we could win the thing. 

But with England, because there is that underlying arrogance it’s incredibly difficult to see it as anything other than a genuine belief that they will do it - even if that wasn’t necessarily the intention. 

If I could be arsed, I'd go back to the threads on here about Euro 2016 qualifying, which were filled with astonishingly arrogant, condescending nonsense about the Republic of Ireland side. It was quite odd bearing in mind Ireland have been comfortably better than Scotland for 20 odd years.

Archived