Tunisia v England

Cerberus

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being completely honest, the tournament couldn't have started any better. Can tell they genuinely believe that they have a chance. 

That intro on BBC was absolutely horrific. Any Scot who says "wouldn't be that bad if they won" has no idea. 

Really hope they get utterly cuffed tonight.

The manager has played a blinder according to Frank.
I`m impressed by Southgate in that he`s measured, coherent and actually pretty likeable IMHO.
If/when it all goes pear shaped the media will savage him mercilessly nonetheless.

This is the thing. He hasnt had the controversy that the last managers have had to deal with. He has been given an easy ride in the media so far, but that might make it worse if it all goes wrong at the knockouts.

Being completely honest, the tournament couldn't have started any better. Can tell they genuinely believe that they have a chance. 
That intro on BBC was absolutely horrific. Any Scot who says "wouldn't be that bad if they won" has no idea. 
Really hope they get utterly cuffed tonight.

I don’t think they do. I think this is the most reasonable England attitude in some while. Which is a worry...

I've got £40 coming to me if England win tonight after today's earlier results, but I'll gladly give it up if they can be humiliated in the most abject way tonight!!!

Just now, buchan30 said:

This is the thing. He hasnt had the controversy that the last managers have had to deal with. He has been given an easy ride in the media so far, but that might make it worse if it all goes wrong at the knockouts.

Yep. Even more so if they don`t get out of the group. If they lose tonight against a decent Tunisia team that is a very likely outcome. I don`t think they will lose tonight but it would hardly be a massive shock if they did.

They have to win tonight.

Just to create and extend further that anticipation, expectation and thus amplifying the pain and hurt when they inevitably bottle it and go out :) 

Archived