Sweden v South Korea (the big one)

Cerberus

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every time I’ve seen Sweden the past few years they’ve been awful, especially without zlatan now they’ve got very little quality in midfield and John Guidetti up front :unsure2:

South Korea rely on Son Heung Min to get the goals and I’m no sure about their overall quality but hopefully they surprise me and pump the swedes the day.

This is the first game I’ve went 0-0 for so not hoping for anything special, really enjoyed the tournament so far though, refereeing has been shit hot, some cracking goals too.

I've got Sweden in the work sweepstake, but South Korea apparently have a striker who's nicknamed "The Wookiee" so I'm torn here.

Sweden look really bereft of quality these days but still recorded some very decent results in qualifying.  Probably 1-0 Sweden with the winner from a set piece.

Various people have mentioned how Sweden are unlikely to score at all, yet they kept us (The Netherlands) out of the World Cup play-offs on goal difference. How rubbish does that make us? :unsure2:

9 minutes ago, Marten said:

Various people have mentioned how Sweden are unlikely to score at all, yet they kept us (The Netherlands) out of the World Cup play-offs on goal difference. How rubbish does that make us? :unsure2:

It makes you shite albeit slightly less shite than us (Scotland) but in all honesty we all knew that.

15 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

It makes you shite albeit slightly less shite than us (Scotland) but in all honesty we all knew that.

To be honest, when we played each other at Pittodrie in November, both teams were shite. I remember a conversation between some Dutch and some Scottish fans in the Pittodrie Bar afterwards and we all agreed that the best man on the pitch was the referee...

Using my food based predictor model, I am going with South Korea here.

Korea brought the world Bulgogi, Kimchi, and other excellent things.  Sweden brought the world a kind of fermented fish in a can that stinks so bad you have to open it either under water or outdoors.

South Korea 2-0 Sweden

brilliant - the BBC have completely embraced the new edict not to use stereotypical images of football-related women - so instead of the usual fit as f**k scantily clad scandi-nymphs in cropped yellow shirts and bikini bottoms, we get MILF'y Greta and Stigetta who are just taking their pet dogs down the vets to have them wormed and stop bouts of explosive diahorrea, and definitely not heading to the sauna to lightly oil  and flick each other with birch twigs or anything of the sort

what a time to be alive...

Untitled-2.thumb.png.4a4b1d44c0511d7a2799bfdd3fbc45b9.png

Archived