Do you like Glaswegians?

Good guys?  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Loud, obnoxious, bigoted and a bit stabby with knives.
Do you like them?

Yes. Perhaps not for the above reasons.

In a work environment, I always find stuff goes wrong when it's a Weegie in charge.  Or they always try and find a shortcut.
My conclusion from this is never give Weegies any power.

In my work environment I’d take the Weegies over the Edinburgers any day.

“But but but I’ve a degree, Aay!” cry the Edinburgers....

“Well you still don’t know what you’re fucking doing and your ideas are pish!” cry everyone else.

On 6/17/2018 at 23:13, The OP said:

When you read that someone is from Dunfermline or Aberdeen or aw that you realise how their nasty, hurtful words about Scotland’s greatest* city would actually sound when spoken and you realise how utterly invalid their opinion is.

*Great meaning large or immense - I use it in the pejorative sense.

Absolute word salad.

Glaswegians are mostly salt of the earth types. Honest and hard working.

Also Glasgow is by far the best city in Scotland but it's still mostly uninspiring apart from the centre and #G12
The wee areas around it like Barrhead and Stepps are bleak. Rows of depressed looking houses intermingled with kebab shops, tanning salons and bookies.

The most enjoyable part of Scotland is the countryside. Away from the neds and dug shit in the cities.

I don't mind the posh ones. You know, the ones that went to a school at some point.

Spoiler

And to clarify, I don't mean "went to a school" in the way that gets a lot of them on the front page of The Digger.

Archived