Do you like Glaswegians?

Good guys?  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usual patter of a weegie you've never met: "AWRITE BIG MAN!!! that yer wife? she looks like a right slag the night eh pal???, aww whats yer problem man no sense of humour you!! get us a drink but"

Not as funny as they think they are, not as friendly as they think they are, they're bombastic, they're loud, they feel they have to play a character, they haven't a clue about the rest of Scotland and will never hear a good word said about our beautiful capital.  People make Glasgow and sometimes they make it worse.

7 minutes ago, red23 said:

Usual patter of a weegie you've never met: "AWRITE BIG MAN!!! that yer wife? she looks like a right slag the night eh pal???, aww whats yer problem man no sense of humour you!! get us a drink but"

Typical teuchter patter: making up things about "weegies".

When you read that someone is from Dunfermline or Aberdeen or aw that you realise how their nasty, hurtful words about Scotland’s greatest* city would actually sound when spoken and you realise how utterly invalid their opinion is.

*Great meaning large or immense - I use it in the pejorative sense.

The ones I know personally and / or work with; I like, even though they fit some of the stereotypes.

The ones who aggressively ask who my ‘big’ team is while I’m mid pish in Queen St Station; not so much.

4 minutes ago, The OP said:

When you read that someone is from Dunfermline or Aberdeen or aw that you realise how their nasty, hurtful words about Glasgow’s greatest* city would actually sound when spoken and you realise how utterly invalid their opinion is.

Glasgow ain't a city state, m8.

9 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

nintchdbpict000001637271.jpg?strip=all&w

Only 18 years, 8 Scottish Cups and 13 league titles ago. 

Odd that beating a club from Glasgow in the Scottish cup is what Inverness are remembered for, rather than actually winning the Scottish Cup recently. #relevant

I like the daft wee totty weegee lass in my work

I like Claire Grogan

I don't like a lot of the ones that support the Old Firm or the care in the community ones that support Clyde

I like the ones that support the Ants 

The evidence points to a general tolerance of the soap dodging scum then. 

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

Not as funny as they think they are, not as friendly as they think they are, they're bombastic, they're loud, they feel they have to play a character, they haven't a clue about the rest of Scotland and will never hear a good word said about our beautiful capital.  People make Glasgow and sometimes they make it worse.

Had loads of Weedgie mates over the years and they don't all fit the stereotype but there does seem to be a disproportionate number that do (or maybe I just notice them more). The highlighted bit in particular, one mate is so Weedge obsessed that apparently potato fritters are a Glesga thing, amongst many many other things that are either better in the Weedge or originally came from the Weedge. Banter aplenty. 

6 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Marti Pellow is a bit of a w**k.

doesn't he come from Clydebank rather than Glasgow though? It's a bit like blaming Edinburgh for Fish (ok born there but grew up in Dalkeith). 

Archived