Brazil v Switzerland

TheScarf

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The OP said:

I plan to honour the spirit of the work sweepstake by treating Switzerland like my homeland and getting pished and hugely over-optimistic about their chances of beating Brazil.

Just don't make a noise or your Swiss compatriots will phone the polis to report you. 

'Mon the chocolate/watch makers. 

Going for Brazil in this one but in the food stakes both countries are close.  As much as I love raclette and other Swiss cheeses,  Brazilian Barbecue is excellent, and  the Caiprina is an excellent summer drink.  

1 minute ago, senorsoupe said:

Going for Brazil in this one but in the food stakes both countries are close.  As much as I love raclette and other Swiss cheeses,  Brazilian Barbecue is excellent, and  the Caiprina is an excellent summer drink.  

Chicken hearts are a wee bit too chewy for my liking. Hopefully the Swiss pump them,

Given how well my forecasts have been going, I'm not putting one up here.  However, if Brazil really are winning 2-1 as we go into time added on, I'll maybe relent.

#bottomoftheofficesweep

If the Swiss are to have any hope it will be down to how well Lichtsteiner and Rodriguez defend rather than get forward. The 2 centre halves and defensive mids are decent enough but there isn’t a great deal of pace there and anything played round the side could cause problems if the full backs are too far forward. Would expect Brazil to win by 2 or 3 and the aforementioned Lichtsteiner to get booked.

4 minutes ago, Ross. said:

If the Swiss are to have any hope it will be down to how well Lichtsteiner and Rodriguez defend rather than get forward. The 2 centre halves and defensive mids are decent enough but there isn’t a great deal of pace there and anything played round the side could cause problems if the full backs are too far forward. Would expect Brazil to win by 2 or 3 and the aforementioned Lichtsteiner to get booked.

He has a name that sounds too much like Rick Steiner for my liking.

3 minutes ago, banana said:

Good to see ITV have seen sense and reverted to a panel of all men.

#keano

Imagine Eni Aluko trying to disagree with Keane the way she did with Larsson today.

Still think Brazil's big problem is fullbacks/wingbacks who can't defend. One team (not the Swiss) will take advantage of that at some point.

Switzerland's best hope is to do what the Dutch tried to do to Spain - kick them off the park.

Archived