Germany vs Mexico

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just now, djchapsticks said:

They deserve a 1-0 victory at half time. :lol:

And Germany won the World Cup in 1998?

I thought he said that but tried to convince myself he was wrong as it's such a huge error. What a load of old pish.

Also a quick check on Wiki says Germany's first game in 98 was against USA, which they won 2-0
Did he say first game in the group? I thought he just meant any match in the World Cup.

Still a ridiculous statement to make for the reason chapsticks mentioned.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I thought he said that but tried to convince myself he was wrong as it's such a huge error. What a load of old pish.

I'm still trying to think what he meant. 

Did he mean that the last time Germany conceded first in their opening match they went on to win the tournament? 

Did he mean the 1990 world cup and said 1998 by mistake? 

Is this even accurate?! Does it matter a f**k even if it is? 

Germanys issue is Muller. Him playing on the right means you need your right back to push forward to have any presence there, and Mexico are brave enough to leave folk in the gaps he leaves. 

I'd take him off and stick a proper right winger on, and tell Kimmich he can stay back more.

I loved that half. Mexico's counter-attacks were glorious, even if their final ball let them down a few times, and Boateng and Hummels have been atrocious when playing high in the last couple of matches I've seen them in. 

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Lineker sort of clarifying his pish. The last time Germany conceded first and went onto win a world cup match was in 1998.

Absolutely wasn't what he said at half time, though. 

Just checked. That game was against Mexico!

Archived