Costa Rica vs Serbia

lichtie23

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why did the ref need to go and see that himself? Why couldn't the VAR just tell him it's a booking?

I guess because the VAR doesn’t make the decision, it merely advises the referee to check his decision. The ref can still ignore the VAR. hasn’t happened yet, but he’s the final adjudicator on everything.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The ref has the final say.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

I guess because the VAR doesn’t make the decision, it merely advises the referee to check his decision. The ref can still ignore the VAR. hasn’t happened yet, but he’s the final adjudicator on everything.

That's fair enough, but he also takes (often incorrect) advice from his other assistant referees without having seen it himself, why should VAR be any different?

8 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Was never a sending off, but do you need to be looking at your opponent to get booked or sent off?

Dowie was going full Keegan there. Another forgotten classic from the 1994 World Cup. "He's pulling his shirt".

ETA: Unbelievably I can't find a clip on YouTube. I think it was Tyldesley that had the unenviable job of not telling him to shut the f**k up.

4 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

This game will reach 100 minutes

It should have; another referee not adding on enough time for stoppages within stoppage time.

That was a good watch in the second half when Costa Rica needed to chase the game. Mitrovic should have killed it off though.

Archived