Do you like the English?

Seems to me to be a logical follow on from the American/Australian threads.

I'm aware that generalisations can be dangerous but I'm just curious to know what others think, having  recently relocated to this part of the world. (Lancashire)

Not trying to stir up a hornet's nest here....honest!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've no problem with the english.  I have made many friends in England during various trips down south.

In fact, I've had more problems up here with neighbours or w@nkers at work or w@nkers on p&b!

I think we might agree our problem is really the english media, especially around world cup time!

I don’t particularly like people, so yes you can add them to the list of c***s along with Scots, Americans and Australians.

I agree with this sentiment. Most of the worlds population are total cuntbags with a few tolerable folk thrown in for good measure.

To generalise I find a lot of the English people I’ve had contact with share some traits; namely being quite condescending and by and large insufferable bores.

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Some people hate the English but I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are colonized by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to be colonized by.

That's good, you should write that down.

Some seem alright, others are arseholes.

I found Londoners and Brummies to be fine.
Wee Luddite towns like Bolton and Sheffield seem to have a high percentage of wanks.

They know how to do a nice cuppa tea and a dry biscuit though.

1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

I've no problem the english, I have made many friends in England during various trips down south.

In fact I've had more problems up here with neighbours or w@nkers at work.

I think we might agree our problem is really the english media, especially around world cup time!

Absolutely this. Which is why Jimmy Hill was hated so much.

Im not a big fan of the essex chavvy types (best personified by James Corden in Gavin and Stacey), but know lots of really lovely English folks. Not a big fan of the working class tory voting brexit angry dad types you see on question time or talking heads in news articles etc. But besides those types yeh I like them.

I judge people on an individual basis.

England being the exception to this of course. It's just a generally accepted fact that England are a nation of arseholes. Even the nice one's are arseholes, just in a nicer way.

11 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

It's just a generally accepted fact that England are a nation of arseholes.

By whom? Would you state the same opinion about, say Syrians or Mexicans for instance. We are beginning to look like a nation of ar*eholes judging by the puerile antics of the elected SNP MPs thinking they speak for the whole of Scotland.

Like most rational people, I tend to like or dislike people on an individual basis based upon whether I find them to be c***s or not. 

People that dislike someone purely for where they're from are utter c***s though. No additional information required in these cases.

Archived