ANOTHER fire at Glasgow School of Art

Guest Bob Mahelp

A lot of love for the GSA and ABC here, but no mention of the effect on Campus, which will no doubt have suffered significant improvements as a result of this fire.

Twenty quid’s worth of artwork was destroyed.

Oh, you mean Campus the bar. A hundred quid’s worth of artwork was destroyed, in that case. V

23 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

The GSA union still looks fine but the building they were refurbishing looks like it’s fucked beyond repair. They were already selling the ABC weren’t they? Can’t wait for some exciting new luxury student apartments right in the heart of the city!

First thing that crossed my mind. There's been an ongoing row about this planned development and its lack of sympathy, architecturally,  with the Mackintosh Building:  http://www.scottishhousingnews.com/10927/student-accommodation-plan-for-jumpin-jaks-nightclub-site-in-glasgow/ 

So depressing if they have to pull it down. I work on Hill Street and had a beautiful view of the Mac from my window in the period between them demolishing the 60s blocks and putting up the Reid building.  

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Im not so bothered about the art school but gutted about the ABC, saw some great gigs in there and it was my favourite venue in Glasgow.

^^^ this

f**k knows what happened with the Art School again. Once is unlucky...

3 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

I was at a gig at the ABC ten days ago. Do this count as a “could’ve been me” post?

Mark yourself as safe on social media so your friends and family know you didnt perish...

2 hours ago, NotThePars said:

The GSA union still looks fine but the building they were refurbishing looks like it’s fucked beyond repair. They were already selling the ABC weren’t they? Can’t wait for some exciting new luxury student apartments right in the heart of the city!

This, were they not trying to convert it into flats?

Has that complete welt Muriel Gray been crying over a fucking building on the news this time?