France vs Australia

lichtie23

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, The OP said:

Say what you will about Australians, but they know to continue looking despondent when their team is losing and they appear on the big screens. Most nationalities start smiling, jumping about and waving like imbeciles as soon as the camera focuses on their sad face.

Probably saw the rugby score as well

I actually don't think it was a penalty
You could certainly argue either way but one of the angles shows the defender getting a clear touch which rebounds off griezman and it's only his momentum that takes him out
Clear touch means nothing though. He doesn't win the ball, he scrapes it.

His momentum fouled the striker. Penalty.

Just now, pandarilla said:

Clear touch means nothing though. He doesn't win the ball, he scrapes it.

His momentum fouled the striker. Penalty.

He didn't scrape it. The ball hit griezman to the point where he was no longer in control of it it

You don't have to win the ball to make a tackle

He didn't scrape it. The ball hit griezman to the point where he was no longer in control of it it
You don't have to win the ball to make a tackle
I don't think you can say griezman wasn't in control of it. And I'll stand by the description of the touch as a scrape.

Would you admit that it was a foul after that?

10 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I don't think you can say griezman wasn't in control of it. And I'll stand by the description of the touch as a scrape.

Would you admit that it was a foul after that?

The ball flies into the keeper's hands. He's never getting it

I think your momentum is allowed to impede the player if you make contact with the ball but I'm not sure of the rules on that. I don't think there's that much contact anyway

That game was ok. Bit too many passes backward - Australia ought to have resorted to Duffyball in injury time rather than trying to pass it around. 

Game got dull at times, but Lawro moaning about absolutely everything always adds entertainment.

Honestly I’ve said it already but massive respect to how much Lawro hates everything he’s watching.

“Dislocated shoelaces” and when asked if he thinks France will win it he says “are you asking me if I think the overwhelming favourites will win?”

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I wonder what Lawro's views on goal-line technology was the year Lampard's goal wasn't given against Germany?

Indeed.

Mark Lawrenson - 2010: "What is it FIFA don't want? Goal-line technology. Thanks very much Sepp Blatter" -

Mark Lawrenson, 2018: "We didn't need goal-line technology to see that”

Honestly I’ve said it already but massive respect to how much Lawro hates everything he’s watching.

“Dislocated shoelaces” and when asked if he thinks France will win it he says “are you asking me if I think the overwhelming favourites will win?”

[emoji23]

Archived