Queen's Park vs Clyde

With just 15 weeks to go, thoughts must now turn to what Queen's Park and their cute wee sweetie paper-rustling fans seem to regard as a rivalry. Of course, there is little in the way of reciprocation from Clyde quarters when it comes to feelings of that ilk; the "amateurs" are just another one of, unfortunately, many clubs in Scotland who do not come close to comparing in size, stature or historical achievement with the Bully Wee.

It's been a contrasting year for both clubs so far; Queen's in total disarray and decline, culminating in a hilarious relegation, and consigned to signing Clyde's actual rejects. Meanwhile their SFA darlings look set to evict them from their own home. Sad! On the other hand, Clyde is a club on the rise; having finished last season like a runaway train, pounding all before them, they then backed up a magnificent half season with what can only be termed delicious summer recruitment so far.

Everything, literally everything, points to a Clyde win here. I can genuinely see another Airdrie game a la March 2014 unfolding here. A complete outclassing, Gus subbing folk after half an hour to try and suppress the Clyde onslaught. It won't work, obviously.

I fucking hate Queen's Park.

It always amuses me when I see threads like this where Clyde fans pile in to tell the world how irrelevant QP are to them. Those who fail to understand the irony of that statement will identify themselves in the posts that follow.

12 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

With just 15 weeks to go, thoughts must now turn to what Queen's Park and their cute wee sweetie paper-rustling fans seem to regard as a rivalry. Of course, there is little in the way of reciprocation from Clyde quarters when it comes to feelings of that ilk; the "amateurs" are just another one of, unfortunately, many clubs in Scotland who do not come close to comparing in size, stature or historical achievement with the Bully Wee.

It's been a contrasting year for both clubs so far; Queen's in total disarray and decline, culminating in a hilarious relegation, and consigned to signing Clyde's actual rejects. Meanwhile their SFA darlings look set to evict them from their own home. Sad! On the other hand, Clyde is a club on the rise; having finished last season like a runaway train, pounding all before them, they then backed up a magnificent half season with what can only be termed delicious summer recruitment so far.

Everything, literally everything, points to a Clyde win here. I can genuinely see another Airdrie game a la March 2014 unfolding here. A complete outclassing, Gus subbing folk after half an hour to try and suppress the Clyde onslaught. It won't work, obviously.

I fucking hate Queen's Park.

Mental illness goes from strength to strength...........

Archived