Whitletts v Maryhill Play-off Match Report

Thatsvulgar

5 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

Your right I did  and if you read the thread you will realise why I did. 

All 4 teams used trialists and no amount of defending that will remove the bad taste it has left. Junior football in disarray just now. It may be on its last legs and as a fan of the juniors since my first game at Dennistoun Waverley in the early 60s  I’m upset at that. Things have to be seen to be done properly and the play offs were an unmitigated disaster for sporting integrity and the reputation of the SJFA. I understand the passions of the supporters of the teams involved but you must recognise it was a balls up.  

Dennistoun Waverley left the Junior scene in October 1968. Their ash pitch at Haghill Park is now covered in housing. 

6 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

Your right I did  and if you read the thread you will realise why I did. 

All 4 teams used trialists and no amount of defending that will remove the bad taste it has left. Junior football in disarray just now. It may be on its last legs and as a fan of the juniors since my first game at Dennistoun Waverley in the early 60s  I’m upset at that. Things have to be seen to be done properly and the play offs were an unmitigated disaster for sporting integrity and the reputation of the SJFA. I understand the passions of the supporters of the teams involved but you must recognise it was a balls up.  

Bad taste with who? 

If all 4 teams did and they are really the only ones affected by it so why would anybody else bother?

13 minutes ago, iPhone said:

Bad taste with who? 

If all 4 teams did and they are really the only ones affected by it so why would anybody else bother?

Have you forgotten who you are posting as this morning. What an amazing epitheny in 48 hours . Ha ha

24 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

Good to keep their name alive every now and then on P and B. 

I read a report once that Neil Kinnock had relations that played with The Waverley. Can't seem to find any clarification on it though. 

2 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

My father spoke of a team called Bridgeton Waverley but I’m not sure if they were a Junior or a Juvenile team?

Aye, they were junior. I think it was early 60s or possibly late 50s they folded. 

Archived