Fixtures 2018/19

10 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
13 hours ago, CountyFan said:
Sick of this pish. Someone has to come north at some point. 

To be fair, I think the question of why are there midweek games (especially when there are available dates during the festive period) and at that time of year (when games are more at risk) is probably fair enough. Everyone does have to go up/down to the outlying areas though and as long as the longest possible journeys (Queens v County at either venue) are kept to weekends if possible then that isn't a legitimate complaint.

Someone has to travel for a midweek fixture unless people are proposing that we should have only highland derbies on those dates. That wouldn't be ideal either since a huge proportion of each clubs support live elsewhere in Scotland. It would also be unrealistic to expect ourselves and caley to be the away team on every midweek game. If you want to criticise the inclusion of midweek fixtures at all then you're nearing a valid point but there needs to be that flexibility in the calendar for the inevitable postponements, cup replays etc etc.  For as long as midweek fixtures exist they should be treated as any other IMO and that means travel in a national league. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Someone has to travel for a midweek fixture unless people are proposing that we should have only highland derbies on those dates. That wouldn't be ideal either since a huge proportion of each clubs support live elsewhere in Scotland. It would also be unrealistic to expect ourselves and caley to be the away team on every midweek game. If you want to criticise the inclusion of midweek fixtures at all then you're nearing a valid point but there needs to be that flexibility in the calendar for the inevitable postponements, cup replays etc etc.  For as long as midweek fixtures exist they should be treated as any other IMO and that means travel in a national league. 
I'm mostly agreeing with you! If there have to be midweek fixtures then I'd suggest making sure the longest distances aren't scheduled then but everything else is fair game. A few years back we had 2 Stranraer v Peterhead games midweek - one of them was scheduled I think, the other was shifted due for the Challenge Cup - that could have been avoided.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived