Fixtures 2018/19

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Did you not see we have Dunfermline first? Not sure if they've ever beaten us. :(

In fairness I did say “host”.  That’s about 10 games in.

On 15/06/2018 at 17:43, rb123! said:

I've just suddenly realised we're away to Ross County on a Tuesday night in February, joke, don't even know why there's midweek fixtures then.

Sick of this pish. Someone has to come north at some point. 

18 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

Yeah I don’t understand the complaints. With highland teams in the league you are  going to have to make at least four journeys. If you draw the short straw and have to travel on a Tuesday night, tough shit.

County and ICT travel to the central belt more than four times a season, don’t hear them complaining.

To be fair, I think the question of why are there midweek games (especially when there are available dates during the festive period) and at that time of year (when games are more at risk) is probably fair enough. Everyone does have to go up/down to the outlying areas though and as long as the longest possible journeys (Queens v County at either venue) are kept to weekends if possible then that isn't a legitimate complaint.

A huge fan of the boxing day fixture but i sense the clubs are telling the SPFL they would like the day off.

Given the amount of fucking about with fixtures clubs do if they wanted a game on boxing day that wasn't scheduled they would move 1 to accomodate.

I'm all for  slagging the SPFL but I feel this 1 is on the majority of clubs who want to let the players have a drink and good time Christmas day

A huge fan of the boxing day fixture but i sense the clubs are telling the SPFL they would like the day off.
Given the amount of fucking about with fixtures clubs do if they wanted a game on boxing day that wasn't scheduled they would move 1 to accomodate.
I'm all for  slagging the SPFL but I feel this 1 is on the majority of clubs who want to let the players have a drink and good time Christmas day

Don’t you think clubs want to cash in on the additional revenue from games over the festive period?
I’d be surprised if the majority of clubs were in favour of this. Maybe the bigot brothers and a few Premiership clubs but probably not many of the others who depend on the increased income...

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Don’t you think clubs want to cash in on the additional revenue from games over the festive period?
I’d be surprised if the majority of clubs were in favour of this. Maybe the bigot brothers and a few Premiership clubs but probably not many of the others who depend on the increased income...

It was either last season or the 1 before when the entire schedule was due to play on the 27th of December and only a few moved the game to the Boxing day.

Chairmen probably want to play on Boxing day (well the home teams) but id wager managers and players don't.

In simple terms staff at NEXT don't want to open at 6AM on boxing day but head office want them too

2 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:

Poor bait. I refuse to rise to it.

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Yeah, I hadn’t looked. But thanks.
Nevertheless I cannot see why clubs at our level would not want the income from festive games...

Aye it's an odd one. Boxing Day games always draw big crowds. Everyone loves them.  I think clubs can request that the games on the 23rd be moved to Boxing Day but the away club have right of refusal (pretty sure we requested to move our game at East End on the 23rd of December last year vs Brechin to Boxing Day but they refused).

Archived