Fixtures 2018/19

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that's one way of putting it. Or you could say that for as long as I've been watching football you have either the first or the last game at home. And that there are 2 random midweek fixtures when Boxing Day and New Year's Day has no games taking place. The Premiership fixtures have all been messed about with too it looks like. Teams who were away to Rangers 2 times pre split doing so again this year when that wasn't meant to happen.

No new year or boxing day games yet midweek games scheduled is absolutely bonkers. 

Inverness away on a tuesday is abit shit but i guess they have to play someone on the midweek and unless they were to schedule 2 of the derby's midweek it will have a long trip for somebody

Two long trips to the Highlands* in the space of 2 weeks, twice in the season, is only one notable oddity, not to mention a home and away game to start and finish the season. In my 30 odd years of following football this is the first time I have seen such a thing.

*suits me as I am based up north, but a shame for fans wanting to travel from Greenock and surrounding areas

It says a lot about the way Scottish football is run that they don't schedule matches on two of the biggest earning dates - even when Christmas and New Year being on a Tuesday makes it ideal for having four fixtures. Which would also remove the need for papping teams halfway round the country on a midweek, twice. 

Sack whoever oversees this annual shambles.

20 minutes ago, xj2011 said:

Two long trips to the Highlands* in the space of 2 weeks, twice in the season, is only one notable oddity, not to mention a home and away game to start and finish the season. In my 30 odd years of following football this is the first time I have seen such a thing.

*suits me as I am based up north, but a shame for fans wanting to travel from Greenock and surrounding areas

Imagine doing that long trips every 2 weeks throughout the season.....

It's a 3 hour drive. Other countries laugh at us complaining about the distance because its not actually very far.

12 minutes ago, MarkPockets said:

Imagine doing that long trips every 2 weeks throughout the season.....

It's a 3 hour drive. Other countries laugh at us complaining about the distance because its not actually very far.

not very far, but the distance isn't the issue...  it is the extra costs involved compared to normal months, not to mention the A9 is a death trap!

I don't envy your fans making the trip every other week, in fact you deserve massive respect for doing so

3 hours ago, xj2011 said:

not very far, but the distance isn't the issue...  it is the extra costs involved compared to normal months, not to mention the A9 is a death trap!

I don't envy your fans making the trip every other week, in fact you deserve massive respect for doing so

When did you last drive the A9? Since the installation of the average speed cameras it has become a snooze.

33 minutes ago, GordonS said:

When did you last drive the A9? Since the installation of the average speed cameras it has become a snooze.

It's like a go-kart track now. Even the truckers are behaving themselves.

1 minute ago, DeeBairn said:

It's like a go-kart track now. Even the truckers are behaving themselves.

I'd have said it was more like Formula 1 - everyone driving in a nice steady line with no overtaking or excitement.

Just now, GordonS said:

I'd have said it was more like Formula 1 - everyone driving in a nice steady line with no overtaking or excitement.

Or deaths. Happy Senna is happy.

Archived