Egypt v Uruguay

nsr

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've got Morocco to win. 

Me too!!![emoji1303]
Got three trebles on, if Morocco win, I'm printing money!!!

Guest Flash
9 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

No man on the post from a corner is mental.

It was a free-kick. Have seen teams have players on the post for corners, but not free-kicks from a similar position. Not sure why. Not sure if Egypt had them on the posts from corners either, though. Eta they had somebody on front post for the corner where Suarez missed, but nobody on front post for the free-kick when Uruguay scored.

Just now, Flash said:

It was a free-kick. Have seen teams have players on the post for corners, but not free-kicks from a similar position. Not sure why. Not sure if Egypt had them on the posts from corners either, though.

Even a couple of yards out means that they can't put a player in front of the keeper. I suppose that only matters if the goalie is going to come and take it.

2 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Martin Keown - Uruguay win against the run of play.

Suarez had three gilt edged chances, Cavani had two good volleys from distance, one brilliantly saved by the keeper, and a free kick against the post.

Egypt had one(?) shot on target? 

I know Uruguay were poorer than you’d expect and Egypt probably better, but come on to f**k, stop talking pish.

Yep, noted lineker at end clarifying Uruguay were better side, must have thought keown was talking p1sh also

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Even a couple of yards out means that they can't put a player in front of the keeper. I suppose that only matters if the goalie is going to come and take it.

The risk of conceding as a result of the opposition being able to put a player on the goalkeeper due to a defender on the post playing that attacker onside is far smaller than the risk of conceding through not having a man on either post.

It's simply terrible organisation not to put someone on the near post for a freekick in that position.

Saw this on the Guardian

Uruguay were sluggish and predictable for most of the match but snatched victory at the end with a straight-forward a header from a freekick. Egypt will be grievously disappointed but, with Salah back, showed enough to suggest they can still get out of a low-quality group.

Russia just whipped Saudi Arabia and looked decent, are at home as hosts and probably only need a draw to progess. Are the English media too invested in Salah having a good world cup to give fair analysis of Egypt.

Archived