Things Americans Do

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

I just hope you are not a travel agent.  Some tourist wants to see the Scottish Highlands and you would send them to Aberdeen!  Yikes.

Anything above Perth is Highland, No-one cares about the detail after that.

6 hours ago, kennysmassiveego said:

For 70 % of the population the world stops at the USA  border of the particular state they happen to live in

Fixed etc, etc :) 

7 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Anything above Perth is Highland, No-one cares about the detail after that.

Look.  We could argue about this all day.

The way I see it is this:

Americans would be happy for Glasgow Rangers to still be called Glasgow Rangers.
After all, as I understand it, it was originally the name of the hockey team "New York Rangers" until Glasgow Argyle stole it.
(Bit of silly name in both cases to be honest.  I can't imagine anyone in Glasgow or New York wanting to sing "Home on the Range").

Hence, it is only Aberdeen that needs be sorted out.

To avoid any further controversy I would suggest "Glasgow Rangers at Aberdeen Bouncy Castles".

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Withdraw from the unhrc cause the president's son in law (with zero relevant qualifications or experience) wants Israel to be allowed to flour international law and they elected a manchild 

He does play an important roll.

41 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Withdraw from the unhrc cause the president's son in law (with zero relevant qualifications or experience) wants Israel to be allowed to flour international law and they elected a manchild 

You've spelt it wrong.

Archived