Things Americans Do

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Got you now.

Going back to the football, they'd probably say "Glaz-gow Black Sox at Aberdeen Highlanders."

Aberdeen Highlanders?

Yeah.  Americans can be crap at Scottish geography.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Land of the Free....

Where the right to cross the road where you want is criminalised.

A country that criticises other countries for having religion in their laws and government...
Then cites the bible to justify everything

Gun law that cannot be changed......failing to understand the word Amendment

The constitution has been amended where required as time and life changes.....bar the right to more efficiently massacre each other and their children as weaponry 'improves' as that amendment is sacrosanct

Cockwombles led by Cockwombles

- if you ask them where they’re from (small talk) they take about half an hour to tell you “1/8 Irish, 3/25 Indian, 2/13 Finnish etc etc etc....” f**k off a one word answer would suffice. I don’t actually care.

- shout ‘good job!’ At kids football when anyone does just about anything. It wasn’t a fucking good job. You don’t have to criticise but you can just keep quiet.

- similar to the above, proclaiming that winning doesn’t matter in sports like football, it’s all about fun. Get fucked.

I spent two years in Texas from the age of 13 and the above drove me absolutely mad.

Over in the Dominican Republic just now, was in the sports bar at the hotel yesterday watching the Spain game and there was an American guy sitting next to me at the bar who mixed 6 sachets of ketchup, 4 sachets of mayonnaise and 4 sachets of mustard together and then dipped his chips in this abomination.

Needless to say I found out shortly thereafter he is a big Trump fan!

A don't watch rugby apart from some of the 6 Nations. It's not my favourite sport but I wouldn't class it as shite, I can see why people enjoy it. I enjoy American Football since I've started to understand it. I tend to find folk who slate it have never sat down and bothered to do this so instantly dismiss it as shite.

Golf I find utterly eye bleeding to watch but again it has a big following so I'd be a moron to class it "shite".
American football is brilliant. one of the most tactical games going. if one player doesn't do their job perfectly they are punished

American football is brilliant. one of the most tactical games going. if one player doesn't do their job perfectly they are punished

^^^ kens the score.

The fact they need to learn so many plays off by heart and be ready to do it at the drop of a hat is pretty incredible. I watched a documentary about it and the play book was fucking massive [emoji38]

47 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

^^^ kens the score.

The fact they need to learn so many plays off by heart and be ready to do it at the drop of a hat is pretty incredible. I watched a documentary about it and the play book was fucking massive emoji38.png

images-2.jpg

25 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
16 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
Separate innocent children from their families and put them in concentration style camps.

You're getting mixed up with Germany.

It's universal concentration camp procedure, everybody does it.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

The fact they need to learn so many plays off by heart and be ready to do it at the drop of a hat is pretty incredible. I watched a documentary about it and the play book was fucking massive emoji38.png

Whilst this is partly true, a playbook isnt like a book of pictures you must learn, with a bunch of random names attached to each play.

It's more like a series of phrases and numbers that all mean something very specific, are relatively easy to decipher providing you have taken the time to learn them, and help make playbooks seem deeper than they actually are.

The majority of a playbook is spent explaining how these instructions should be altered depending on how the defense is set up. That's the more complex bit - especially at the highest level where defenses can better disguise what they are up to, particularly the coverage their secondary is in.

This link here explains it better

As an immigrant I have been wholeheartedly accepted and welcomed.
My American family, nae just my step daughters ( who hate that term and just want to be called my daughters.) have been brilliant (especially after my wife died).
The majority are kind, open, welcoming and a wee bit frantically patriotic, but I’m the immigrant here so I can live with that

Archived