Things Americans Do

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make rugby into an even worse game that it was

Get confused by buses

Elect an even worse republican president than the  one before. Since the war they've had:

Ike, then a crook, then an ex-American football player, then a senile actor, then a guy who threw up in Japan, then his moronic son, ,then another crook.  

3 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

The Scottish NHS is great. By far the best thing about Scotland.

The NHS in England looks to be in some state though. The wait times just to see a GP in some areas are crazy.

Rang for an appointment a couple of days ago and was 'quoted' the end of July and when I said that that was fine the receptionist went out of her way to talk me out of it, or so it seemed. Was happy to wait as its an old injury and as someone who will avoid doctors I was happy to 'take one for the team' and not bother. Bit pissed off though, I knew the practice was busy but to actively discourage (or so it seemed to me) patients was pretty poor.

Oh, and I was on hold for about 20 minutes before speaking to the receptionist.  I know my practice is short handed and was expecting to wait for an appointment but its not all rosy up here either.

4 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Have terrible Fast Foods joints like Taco Bell and Krispy Kreme, open chains in Scotland and see people travel for miles to eat at them.
The opening of the Krispy Kreme was like this McDonald's photo from the USSR.

Image result for ussr mcdonalds

Fun Fact - McDonalds in the USSR was extortionate. A Big Mac cost more than a monthly bus ticket, and, based on the percentage of average salary, would be on a par with a Big Mac costing £41 today.

2 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Have you ever been on a train in America?  Awful.  Even worse than Scotrail!

Can vouch for that - took the Amtrak express from Washington to New York once. It's classed as one of their hyper-fast flagship services, and takes about five hours to go just over 200 miles.

Only plus point is you go through a bit of Delaware, which is one of those states no c**t visits.

Make rugby into an even worse game that it was
Get confused by buses
Elect an even worse republican president than the  one before. Since the war they've had:
Ike, then a crook, then an ex-American football player, then a senile actor, then a guy who threw up in Japan, then his moronic son, ,then another crook.  
American football isn't even remotely close to being like rugby.

22 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yes I did the train from Newark to Penn station, it was excellent.

19 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Can vouch for that - took the Amtrak express from Washington to New York once. It's classed as one of their hyper-fast flagship services, and takes about five hours to go just over 200 miles.

Only plus point is you go through a bit of Delaware, which is one of those states no c**t visits.

I went from Boston to Providence.  The train was genuinely like something from a third world country.

The whole slavery and segregation thing, rampant neocolonialism and daft gun culture are bad but ...

Calling football 'soccer' is a war crime and anyone doing so should be sentenced to death. Also, shouting ridiculous things like 'mashed potato' at golf events.

1 minute ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

The whole slavery and segregation thing, rampant neocolonialism and daft gun culture are bad but ...

Calling football 'soccer' is a war crime and anyone doing so should be sentenced to death. Also, shouting ridiculous things like 'mashed potato' at golf events.

That'll be the English wiped out then.

Archived