West Region Juniors New Leagues 2018-19

archieb

It seems odd that the Evening Times is so keen to continue sponsoring this cup: if they're making it so lucrative, why don't they sponsor the West Cup or Superleague? They'd get a whole season of advertising out of that rather than just being crammed into a week at the end of the season.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It seems odd that the Evening Times is so keen to continue sponsoring this cup: if they're making it so lucrative, why don't they sponsor the West Cup or Superleague? They'd get a whole season of advertising out of that rather than just being crammed into a week at the end of the season.
The West Cup already has a sponsor. The West leagues already have a sponsor. The Super Leagues don't exist anymore.

Fine, the West Region Premiership Championship etc... you know what I meant.

Just because there's a current sponsor in place, doesn't mean they're always going to be the sponsor of the competition if something more lucrative comes along.

The ET Cup just seems a bit of a gimmicky competition, like the old Drybrough Cup in the 70s - I can understand teams want to keep it given that it seems to be the best sponsored competition, but there seems to be a lot of complaints about cramming in fixtures.

32 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Fine, the West Region Premiership Championship etc... you know what I meant.

Just because there's a current sponsor in place, doesn't mean they're always going to be the sponsor of the competition if something more lucrative comes along.

The ET Cup just seems a bit of a gimmicky competition, like the old Drybrough Cup in the 70s - I can understand teams want to keep it given that it seems to be the best sponsored competition, but there seems to be a lot of complaints about cramming in fixtures.

Mostly from posters on here

Were any new clubs admitted to the Juniors (eg Stonehouse Violet returning) as I assume it's at the SJFA AGM they are admitted rather than Regional AGM? I've read various posts of them joining but no mention of grounds being visited/approved like has happened with other new clubs.

EDIT : Posted on the wrong thread.

Were any new clubs admitted to the Juniors (eg Stonehouse Violet returning) as I assume it's at the SJFA AGM they are admitted rather than Regional AGM? I've read various posts of them joining but no mention of grounds being visited/approved like has happened with other new clubs.
Same as you, my understanding is they would need to be accepted as members today then be placed in the appropriate region.

1 hour ago, theesel1994 said:

EDIT : Posted on the wrong thread.

No new clubs this season. It would have came up at today's AGM. 

2 clubs mentioned as leaving though. Lewis United folded and Inverness City going into abeyance for a season.

7 minutes ago, Kennie said:

No new clubs this season. It would have came up at today's AGM. 

2 clubs mentioned as leaving though. Lewis United folded and Inverness City going into abeyance for a season.

That's a surprise as I'd heard from the horses mouth so to speak that Stonehouse( in the form of Machan Amateurs) were a shoe in.

Must have changed their minds at the last moment ????

Does anyone have a handy note of the likely promotion / relegation / play-offs plan for the new leagues?

3up 3 down, no playoffs

Archived