East Region re-structuring

Griffin

With the region in need of a restructure due to the departure of a considerable amount of clubs it has been suggested by the Region committee that there are several options available.

Decision 1 was made last night at Inverkeithing with clubs present opting for a 3 league structure of Super League with two regional leagues sitting below this level.

The Superleague is to be made up of the top 12 teams based on last seasons finishing places and the regional leagues divided up North and South. 

The proposal was to have 2 relegated from the Superleague with the two regional league winners automatically promoted. 

There was also a suggestion to have a of a play off between the two regional league runners up with the winner then moving on to a play off with the 3rd bottom team in the Superleague.

The leagues were proposed to have 22 fixtures with additional fixtures possibly coming from a re-vamp of the East of Scotland Cup. Moving to sections of 3 with home and away games. 12 section winners move to a knock out with the 24 other team possibly playing in another cup. 

So 22 league fixture - minimum 4 East of Scotland (or new name who knows)  - followed by consolation cup if knocked out or straight knockout if section winners.

Fife & Lothians a straight knock out as per this year with the remaining F&L teams taking part.

Happy to be corrected if any of this is wrong as it is my interpretation of what was discussed last night

Thoughts? Lets try and keep it positive if we can please as I am sick of reading all the negative stuff - now is the time to move onwards and forwards... 

4 minutes ago, Griffin said:

With the region in need of a restructure due to the departure of a considerable amount of clubs it has been suggested by the Region committee that there are several options available.

Decision 1 was made last night at Inverkeithing with clubs present opting for a 3 league structure of Super League with two regional leagues sitting below this level.

The Superleague is to be made up of the top 12 teams based on last seasons finishing places and the regional leagues divided up North and South. 

The proposal was to have 2 relegated from the Superleague with the two regional league winners automatically promoted. 

There was also a suggestion to have a of a play off between the two regional league runners up with the winner then moving on to a play off with the 3rd bottom team in the Superleague.

The leagues were proposed to have 22 fixtures with additional fixtures possibly coming from a re-vamp of the East of Scotland Cup. Moving to sections of 3 with home and away games. 12 section winners move to a knock out with the 24 other team possibly playing in another cup. 

So 22 league fixture - minimum 4 East of Scotland (or new name who knows)  - followed by consolation cup if knocked out or straight knockout if section winners.

Fife & Lothians a straight knock out as per this year with the remaining F&L teams taking part.

Happy to be corrected if any of this is wrong as it is my interpretation of what was discussed last night

Thoughts? Lets try and keep it positive if we can please as I am sick of reading all the negative stuff - now is the time to move onwards and forwards... 

The proposal said straight knock out with 16 teams but there are 17 teams left who entered Fife and Lothians last year.  Did you hear whether a team has been suspended from this year or if a team (Newburgh?) is switching to GA Cup instead?

16 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Newburgh, who I follow, have not been consulted on any move. I don't think we would be keen to move to GA. 

17 would be drawn accordingly I assume with a prelim 

That's certainly the sensible approach but the documents from last night said 16 teams in F&L. Probably just an error.

I think some kind of play off is needed for promotion/relegation as 1 team up is no good, i also think the Superleague should be renamed Premier with North /South regional.

No disrespect to the remaining teams but its not really a superleague now. 

16 minutes ago, pie n beans said:

I think some kind of play off is needed for promotion/relegation as 1 team up is no good, i also think the Superleague should be renamed Premier with North /South regional.

Although you have a point, the Scottish Cup place for the East Juniors is specifically linked to the East Superleague winners. Because of that reason, they will want to keep the name.

15 minutes ago, pie n beans said:

There was mention that Super league had to be used to allow the  winners to gain a place in the WH Scottish Cup

I would have went with a straight 3 down.Second and third placed teams in the two regional leagues going into a straight nock out with the ‘final’ played at neutral venue for the third place.

If the structure is confirmed have the teams also been confirmed.

Ie the north end and pumpherston (rightly so in my opinion) ranking above kirrie, whitburn and Bathgate.

Also I'm not sure if you are actually stating which of the actual relegation options. Number of fixtures etc was adopted.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

1 hour ago, Griffin said:

There was mention that Super league had to be used to allow the  winners to gain a place in the WH Scottish Cup

I think that is probably a pile of nonsense.  Why would the SFA care about what the league is called or how it is structured?  Afterall, the EoSFL Champion will be via a play-off and if they are unlicenced they will still enter the Scottish Cup.

51 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I think that is probably a pile of nonsense.  Why would the SFA care about what the league is called or how it is structured?  Afterall, the EoSFL Champion will be via a play-off and if they are unlicenced they will still enter the Scottish Cup.

It might be specified in the SFA constitution as the east, west and north superleague winners rather than the east, west and north region champions, and if so they have a point.

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

It might be specified in the SFA constitution as the east, west and north superleague winners rather than the east, west and north region champions, and if so they have a point.

How does this apply to the new West Premiership though? It's not going to be a super league anymore.

Its going to cost Pumpy and Fauldhouse a lot of money on buses and still not sure if pumpy should go straight up to superleague, but i suppose a decision had to be made. 
Its a mix of Super & Premier League teams , both Pumphy & North End deserve to get rewarded for sucess last season imo.
If Bathgate , Kirrie & Whitburn feel they are good enough to compete at that level then they will be back nxt season.

Not every club will be happy but your roght a decision had/has to be made ASAP.

Archived