SJFA AGM this Saturday

Brig O'Lea

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Shanner said:

if it's been overwhelmingly voted for then does that mean it's happening, and if so then when?

Doesn't really mean anything at the minute. The talks between the SJFA & SFA are meant to be on going.

With the two sides likely wanting different versions of the same thing (see the return of East/West Superleague) it could drag on  and see West clubs splinter off for simplicity.

The sjfa and SFA won't be the only associations part of the process.... I doubt the sjfa will negotiate directly with the SFA, that's what the pwg is there for. 

A truly sensible vote by clubs. 

It will be interesting to see how this one plays out.... Popcorn and pic'n'mix at the ready :-) 

23 hours ago, Shanner said:

if it's been overwhelmingly voted for then does that mean it's happening, and if so then when?

Best for the West would be to cross as one into a West of Scotland League. Bad would a Lothian blood bath. I'd imagine the West will go as one next summer.

What was this "Lothian blood bath" that you keep harping on about? Clubs looked at their options and saw their future was better served away from the Juniors, looks like the West is finally following Lothians finest and looking to leave a dying "grade" behind.

5 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Best for the West would be to cross as one into a West of Scotland League. Bad would a Lothian blood bath. I'd imagine the West will go as one next summer.

next summer seems the most likely time.

Would kind of like to see it in place for start of 2018/19 but realistically that's a bit of an ask. 

If next season is indeed the end of Junior football it should be quite an emotional affair. 

2 minutes ago, drs said:

What was this "Lothian blood bath" that you keep harping on about? Clubs looked at their options and saw their future was better served away from the Juniors, looks like the West is finally following Lothians finest and looking to leave a dying "grade" behind.

was wondering that myself.  Very dramatic. 

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The idea of a West/East Superleague is madness, why should East Clubs have two routes into the LL and West Clubs have one, nah that aint gonna happen. I’d hope the sensible heads at club level will stop this in its tracks.

This is why i think it still likely that West Region clubs will splinter off and form their own league/association. The SJFA just want their own league to administer to keep themselves relevant. This way also has the added benefit of keeping the East Region on side, as they are largely North of Tay clubs wanting to avoid the Highland League.

12 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Major issues? as in?

what cups are we keeping 

executive position getting filled such as president 

how we are planning next season fixture wise 

what day are the scottish cup date 

how we are going forward with the spfl plans 

23 hours ago, megaspinnernet2 said:

what cups are we keeping 

Couple of those now't to do with SJFA. Try Regions.

6 minutes ago, megaspinnernet2 said:

what cups are we keeping 

The Scottish Junior Cup

The clubs have presumably voted a candidate in if indeed there was a vacancy

Nothing to do with the SJFA it's a regional issue

Same as they've always been

???????

Scott Robertson will be back in as secretary, I’ll put my house in it, that’s the reason the committee has done what they have with creating a fixture secretary. So the split away from the juniors can’t come quick enough for me and we can get shot of the deadwood that is the SJFA

Archived