Russia v Saudi Arabia

Enigma

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I love how just calling folk a pedophile is just a casual hing folk do now. 

I doubt anyone did. Has he not done this shite before? Make shite tweet desperate for it make huge numbers and get people thinking he's hilarious, get hundreds of folk calling it shite and laughing at him, delete tweet so nobody sees how few people think its real. Accuse everyone of threatening him and forcing him to delete it, get hundreds of tweets from folk comforting him and saying he needs to be strong. 

It's all an attention trope. Someone should have a twitter thread on it like the boy who does an Agent Scotland one (screenshots all his rumours before he deletes them once they don't come true) 

Big credit must go to Russia for running the score up at the end.  Coral had a promotion on that if you bet on Russia to win that they'd give you a £5 free bet for every goal Russia score. I was satisfied with £15 but delighted to see the final 2 goals go in! Easy money!

12 hours ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

Saudi Arabia
Russia’s opponents in the opening fixture, Saudi Arabia will play their first match during Ramadan. Moreover, their base in St Petersburg is currently experiencing 18 hours of daylight. Faced with such strictures, the majority of the Saudi camp have opted to defer their fast till after the tournament. Citing travel as a cause for postponement is a common dispensation during Ramadan. It was given the rubber stamp by Saudi authorities who issued abstention permits to players who required them.

People get murdered for disobeying certain religious rules but then , when it suits, the "authorities" bend the rules as they lilke. All religion is nonsense.

14 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

He didn't though, did he mate? 

I see he has sent a strongly worded DM of complaint to the Did Not Happen Of The Year award people after (quite rightly) getting slagged rotten.  Posting lies like that one really is a very odd thing to do.

1 hour ago, cyderspaceman said:

People get murdered for disobeying certain religious rules but then , when it suits, the "authorities" bend the rules as they lilke. All religion is nonsense.

Bit of a joke that you need "dispensation" from the authorities to postpone your ramadan fast. Surely religion should be a deeply personal thing that's entirely up to the individual?

9 hours ago, Donathan said:

Bit of a joke that you need "dispensation" from the authorities to postpone your ramadan fast. Surely religion should be a deeply personal thing that's entirely up to the individual?

Rules are very important in religion. 

I take your point, but maybe that's the difference between personal 'faith' and organised religion.  They don't want people thinking for themselves. It's just another big business.  I wouldn't be surprised if all the top men (I think it's all men) in religions don't actually believe it themselves. 

15 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

I wouldn't be surprised if all the top men (I think it's all men) in religions don't actually believe it themselves. 

Bishop Facks: So, Father. Do you ever have any doubts about the religious life? Is your faith ever tested? Anything you would be worried about? Any doubts you've been having about any aspects of belief? Anything like that?

Father Dougal McGuire: Well, you know the way God made us all, right? And he's looking down at us from heaven and everything?

Bishop Facks: Uh-huh.

Father Dougal McGuire: And then his son came down and saved everyone and all that?

Bishop Facks: Yes.

Father Dougal McGuire: And when we die we're all going to go to heaven?

Bishop Facks: Yes. What about it?

Father Dougal McGuire: Well, that's the bit I have trouble with.

I see he has sent a strongly worded DM of complaint to the Did Not Happen Of The Year award people after (quite rightly) getting slagged rotten.  Posting lies like that one really is a very odd thing to do.

Even if it was true it’s just a sign that you’re a fucking boring parent.

Saudi Players face punishment when they get home

'We are very disappointed by the defeat,' Ezzat was quoted as saying in the Al-Youm Assabaa newspaper. 'This result is totally unsatisfactory, because it does not reflect the true level of our preparedness.

'Several players will face a penalty - goalkeeper Abdullah Al-Mayouf, striker Mohammad Al-Sahlawi and defender Omar Hawsawi.'

They won't fancy beheading home anytime soon...

Archived