Russia v Saudi Arabia

Enigma

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bernardblack

Clive Tyledsley (sp) is atrocious on commentary. He went full brexit and offers zero footballing input

Obviously has no effect on the fact that technically they look utter gash, but just wonder if the fact that it is Ramadan didn't help the Saudis efforts any late in the game.

Saudi Arabia
Russia’s opponents in the opening fixture, Saudi Arabia will play their first match during Ramadan. Moreover, their base in St Petersburg is currently experiencing 18 hours of daylight. Faced with such strictures, the majority of the Saudi camp have opted to defer their fast till after the tournament. Citing travel as a cause for postponement is a common dispensation during Ramadan. It was given the rubber stamp by Saudi authorities who issued abstention permits to players who required them.

Saudi Arabia
Russia’s opponents in the opening fixture, Saudi Arabia will play their first match during Ramadan. Moreover, their base in St Petersburg is currently experiencing 18 hours of daylight. Faced with such strictures, the majority of the Saudi camp have opted to defer their fast till after the tournament. Citing travel as a cause for postponement is a common dispensation during Ramadan. It was given the rubber stamp by Saudi authorities who issued abstention permits to players who required them.
Which answers the question, so they were just utterly shite.

38 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

That twitter thread is hilarious. Guy is definitely a wrong un with one of his other tweets reading "This. Is. Important."

Aw is it, aye?

phew - never mind - happy ending - Ben's kept his self-respect 100% intact and everyone else feels small and inadequate

Untitledtwit.png.d38e66befcf43c796f6ab6876f7da18c.png!

Was working for half the game so sky plussed it and rushed home.. thoughts are..

Dissppointed with Saudi, actually thought they’d contribute more tbh they lacked creativity and defensively were honking, number 5 Omar think his name was, never a fitba player in a million years :lol:

Comfortable for Russia, was impressed with Cheryshev some finishes for both his goals. Both fairly poor teams though and can see Uruguay and Egypt still going through, although if salah isn’t 100% then can see the hosts getting a win next week which would likely send them through. 

14 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

You sure it's not just the people that know you?

Would warm my wee heart if it was all folk I know calling that stephens_ben a nonce, you nonce. 

Quite a good game for bunking off work early and watching in the club with a couple of pints. 

Points to ponder

1) the Russian manager looks like the wee grumpy baldy bluenose that works up the stairs from me. 

2) the Saudi manager looked like a Parisian left bank philosopher c.1968

3) there was a banner behind one goal that said "URBACH". Urbach is a small village near Stuttgart that I visited years ago. It's a bit like seeing  a banner that says "Ormiston" on it at a World Cup opening match.

4) The TV company that ITV were getting their pictures from didn't seem to like action replays during the match. 

5) Slaven Bilic knocks Slaverin' Pillock Ian Wright into a cockit hat. 

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Saudis were absolutely gubbins - even a McLeish Scotland could have humped them.

mainwearing.jpg.a5da15eb73bcea01198e6df1bbe745a7.jpg

I think you're living in the realms of fantasy there, Jones... 

Only saw the first 60 or so minutes and missed the last 3 goals, but from what I saw Shoddy Arabia were woeful, couldn't even get the basics right half the time. Russia were nothing special, but found themselves up against a significantly inferior side and took full advantage.

Archived