E3 2018

accies1874

37 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I have to laugh at TLOU trailer. It looks great but given the type of gamer I am I can almost guarantee my experience won't be as action-packed. I'm more likely to run when I'm spotted than go in all guns blazing emoji38.png

Surely it will be released on PS4? Are they discussing PS5 already? Don't feel I've had the 4 that long.

A lot of sites are saying the PS5 won't be released until 2021, so this will definitely be a PS4 release at first.

2020 at the earliest.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/12/28/analyst-predicts-ps5-release-date-will-be-2021/

I thought it was a mediocre E3 all in. Maybe I’m just getting old and falling out of love with gaming.

The most exciting thing for me was Edinburgh being a location in Forza Horizon, and I haven’t had an XBox in about seven years. 

I dunno man i feel like i say the same as you every year but its really difficult to care about a bunch of commercial press conferences. Just show me the games when they are done

10 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

I thought it was a mediocre E3 all in. Maybe I’m just getting old and falling out of love with gaming.

The most exciting thing for me was Edinburgh being a location in Forza Horizon, and I haven’t had an XBox in about seven years. 

There's such a dearth of games, especially open world ones, set in Britain that I've decided I'm buying an Xbox One for Horizon 4 alone. 

A lot of sites are saying the PS5 won't be released until 2021, so this will definitely be a PS4 release at first.
2020 at the earliest.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/12/28/analyst-predicts-ps5-release-date-will-be-2021/
Aye I didn't think the PS5 was arriving any time soon. They're bound to release it for PS4. They'd be missing a trick if they didn't. I absolutely love the first one and was more than happy to purchase it for PS3 and then the PS4 remaster. If I enjoy the second one as much then I know for a fact I'll buy a remastered version for PS5.

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
On 6/13/2018 at 16:58, Del79 said:
2020 at the earliest.

Aye I didn't think the PS5 was arriving any time soon. They're bound to release it for PS4. They'd be missing a trick if they didn't. I absolutely love the first one and was more than happy to purchase it for PS3 and then the PS4 remaster. If I enjoy the second one as much then I know for a fact I'll buy a remastered version for PS5.

I'm the same. Naughty Dog is pretty much the main reason why I stick with Playstation.  Also, Ghost of Tsushima looks stunning as well.

2 has been the benchmark of the Resi franchise and hasn't been topped for a lot of fans. I was too young to play it when it first came out but can remember watching older boys in my street play it and was shitting myself even just watching. It was the claustrophobic feel that made it so good. Looking at the clip they seem to have the camera close to the player and the halls are narrow so they are doing their best to replicate it.

You should have a go at 4 before this comes out. I thought 4 was a terrific game. It doesn't have the feel of claustrophobia but it'll give you a feel for the over the shoulder dynamics and if you can play it like that rather than as a FPS then I'd be giving the remake a go.

2 is the greatest Resident Evil game they've ever made, and it was all downhill from there.  I played the shit out of it when it came out.  Weird to think that the story could essentially be done in under 2 hours end-to-end, and we complain nowadays if a game is that short.  They added the alternate scenarios once you'd completed that, so plenty of replay.  Think I managed to complete all of them except the one where you play as a block of Tofu.

Also caused one of my biggest rage quits in a game.  You get a ranking when you complete the game, based on how many first aid sprays, how many saves, and how long it took.  I'd completed it so many times that I was pushing for the elusive S rank.  Had to complete it in a ridiculous time, no healing, no saving.  Got to the final corridor before the final boss fight, still within time, running a little under 2 hours.  Make one little mistake and a zombie grabs me, forcing me into a corner I couldn't get out of.  Game over, a few hours wasted.  Quietly shut off the game and left the room to stop myself launching the PS out of the window.

So in short, fucking get it bought.

What made resi 2 so good was the alternate storyline playing out as you played yours, then when you finished the game you got the chance to play said alternate storyline, and given both storylines are set in the same location they still offer a massive variety in objectives etc

Watching the video of it, the over the shoulder angle doesn't in anyway reduce the potential scare factor, and if they increase the locations as much as they did when they remade the first resi, we could be in for an outstanding game

Resident Evil 2 was my favourite one as well. The Resident Evil remake is brilliant, so the Resident Evil 2 remake will surely be even better.

Loved that you could find parts to upgrade the weapons and also as mentioned the A and B storylines for each character.

Archived