Bonnyrigg Rose a Junior appreciation

bravehearts dad

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Maybe after a few seasons you will be remembering your titanic struggle down at Peebles,the five goal thriller at Heriott Watt,after a great promotion run who will forget the battles with Edusport and the immense rivalry with Cumbernauld Colts and edging out East Kilbride Bowling Green to lowland league glory.The achievements continue as we look forward to that talked about,world famous derby with Edinburgh City......oh the glory years.

We’ll pass on our experiences in a few years when you follow the same route, BUT we will have been there before you.

I've always loved the wars of the Roses - my favourite fixture over the years.  My personal favourite match was way back in 1966 when I was just a boy.  We had won the Junior Cup in 1965 and you won it the following year and, incredibly, we were drawn together in the first round at your ground the next year.  It was 2-2 at half-time but we won 7-3 if my memory serves me well. We were your bogey team for a while - Graeme McGinty's great East of Scotland Junior Football book reminds me that three years in a row we beat you in the East-West league playoff by a single goal on aggregate.  However, you've also given us a few bloody noses, especially recently.

The continuation of this rivalry was foremost in my mind when I finally came over to supporting our move to the pyramid.  We won't be playing you in the league next season but maybe the season after!

2 minutes ago, th1stleandr0se said:

I've always loved the wars of the Roses - my favourite fixture over the years.  My personal favourite match was way back in 1966 when I was just a boy.  We had won the Junior Cup in 1965 and you won it the following year and, incredibly, we were drawn together in the first round at your ground the next year.  It was 2-2 at half-time but we won 7-3 if my memory serves me well. We were your bogey team for a while

Aye, aboot 40 years !! 

19 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Maybe after a few seasons you will be remembering your titanic struggle down at Peebles,the five goal thriller at Heriott Watt,after a great promotion run who will forget the battles with Edusport and the immense rivalry with Cumbernauld Colts and edging out East Kilbride Bowling Green to lowland league glory.The achievements continue as we look forward to that talked about,world famous derby with Edinburgh City......oh the glory years.

Absolutely seething 

On 8 June 2018 at 02:02, bravehearts dad said:

Hi guys,

Thought  I would have one final nostalgic reminisce of our time as a prominent Junior Football Club.

Records which may remain in the record/history books for many years to come.

1)  Record equalling score in Scottish Junior Cup Final. 6-1 against Whitburn in the replay in 1966

2) At the moment the only junior club to beat a Championship club in the big Scottish Cup. December 2016 1-0 victory away at Dumbarton.

3) The only 4 times East Region Super League winners in the 16years of the competition 2009, 2012, 2016 & 2018.

4) Biggest pumping for a junior team by a Championship side.

Remind us of your favourite match, favourite/best player, favourite/best goal.

C’mon the Rose

Missed one.

Good luck to the east teams in there new adventure in m sure the west teams will be joining soon enough. The seething from East Ayrshire is incredible.
Not all Kenny. I wish the east all the best. I do however worry for the future of the likes of us, cumnock glens etc on where we all go.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

3 hours ago, Brig O'Lea said:

Spot on, I was in that very tribe ;)

I can’t mind what happened yesterday, but I remember we bounced into each other in the past.

Well the curtain comes down on an eventful Junior football season. I have many fond memories and experiences in my time following the Big Rose.

Junior football at the moment faces an uncertain future and with Captain TJ trying to keep the boat afloat and his job I wish you all good luck, but my gut feeling is the we shall meet again under another banner.

You will all be glad now that I take my leave of the Junior Football forum on Pie&Bovril which also has been a memorable experience and move on to the East of Scotland forum, follow my team in their new adventure.

Bye

Archived