Royal Albert V Beith

Mr.Albert

We will be playing Beith on Saturday at the John Cummings Stadium Carluke.

The game was originally scheduled for the Monday night because Beith were down to play Darvel in the West,  but because Darvel couldn't get a team out for that day then the fixtures were switched.

The original fixtures were on the web site for the last week or so,    So some of our players had arranged other things to do because we were not playing till the Monday night.

To be told on the Wednesday night that your fixture has been changed is not acceptable, this means now that we go to play Beith Super Premier Champions with a depleted team through no fault of our own.        I hear that all Darvel players couldn't make the game on the Saturday my compliments for a tight knit team that go every where together.

We have players unavailable yet we have to fulfil our fixtures,  as most clubs have to.  

Beith should have been given a bye to the final, for a team like Darvel to not be able to get a team together for the biggest game they've had in decades is unacceptable. Darvel players are off on a jolly couldn't make that up.

The game was originally scheduled for the Monday night because Beith were down to play Darvel in the West,  but because Darvel couldn't get a team out for that day then the fixtures were switched.
The original fixtures were on the web site for the last week or so,    So some of our players had arranged other things to do because we were not playing till the Monday night.
To be told on the Wednesday night that your fixture has been changed is not acceptable, this means now that we go to play Beith Super Premier Champions with a depleted team through no fault of our own.        I hear that all Darvel players couldn't make the game on the Saturday my compliments for a tight knit team that go every where together.
We have players unavailable yet we have to fulfil our fixtures,  as most clubs have to.  

Tell them you can't play no reason for them to force your team to play it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

8 minutes ago, Mr.Albert said:

Totally agree,  a disgrace that teams are being messed about and some teams are getting preferential treatment getting ties moved.    if they cannot get a team together they should concede the tie.  the ties being switched does not suit Beith either. 

Darvel should have been made to forfeit the match. They are all going on their end of season trip to Benidorm and that is the reason they can’t play their match.

Mr Robertson and the SJFA should have given Beith the tie and punished Darvel accordingly.

It’s an absolute disgrace!!!

35 minutes ago, Ayr Victoria said:

Darvel should have been made to forfeit the match. They are all going on their end of season trip to Benidorm and that is the reason they can’t play their match.

Mr Robertson and the SJFA should have given Beith the tie and punished Darvel accordingly.

It’s an absolute disgrace!!!

Is it ? :thumsup2

Asking for a free week has happened all season for various clubs for one reason or another, Darvel requested this weekend off at the end April/beginning of May. I get it’s the end of the season but it’s still requesting a week-end off. If the fixtures had been run better from the start of the season we wouldn’t have the pile up that remain.

1 hour ago, Mr.Albert said:

U should be delighted ur getting beith on a Saturday as they carry a big support and no harm to royal Albert who have had a fantastic season but the west semi should be a priority and I’m sure beith would not want a bye into the final 

53 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

U should be delighted ur getting beith on a Saturday as they carry a big support and no harm to royal Albert who have had a fantastic season but the west semi should be a priority and I’m sure beith would not want a bye into the final 

Your right the west should be a priority and therefore played on a Saturday for maximum exposure.  Playing it on a Saturday would also have boosted the crowd  upwards of 500 paying customers as it is now a Monday night you will be lucky if it Is half that as any neutrals will not want to travel on a Monday night to Beith. 

1 hour ago, Ceejayar said:

Asking for a free week has happened all season for various clubs for one reason or another, Darvel requested this weekend off at the end April/beginning of May. I get it’s the end of the season but it’s still requesting a week-end off. If the fixtures had been run better from the start of the season we wouldn’t have the pile up that remain.

Did you get a reply stating it was ok for you not to have to play that day?   If you did not get authorisation from sjfa/west region  then you should not have let the players go  

Players contracts I believe run to the date of the agm so you should not have allowed a mass exodus of players until their contracts had expired.  

1 hour ago, beithboy said:

Did you get a reply stating it was ok for you not to have to play that day?   If you did not get authorisation from sjfa/west region  then you should not have let the players go  

Players contracts I believe run to the date of the agm so you should not have allowed a mass exodus of players until their contracts had expired.  

Yes I believe we did get a reply saying we would have a free week. I then think the secretary forgot and put the dates in that we were playing. I have said in previous posts there has been naievity in our part allowing the boys to go away but we reacted asap and contacted the sjfa West.

3 hours ago, Ceejayar said:

I have to agree with this perspective. If them's the rules then Darvel have played by them. However, what does seem eminently unfair is to ask Albert to step in at such short notice.

One has to wonder what state the Darvel team are going to be in on Monday having spent the previous few days on the drink in Benidorm! 

1 minute ago, bc57 said:

I have to agree with this perspective. If them's the rules then Darvel have played by them. However, what does seem eminently unfair is to ask Albert to step in at such short notice.

One has to wonder what state the Darvel team are going to be in on Monday having spent the previous few days on the drink in Benidorm! 

Exactly mate and for what’s its worth how  a major semi is not a neutral  venue in my opinion isn’t right either 

3 minutes ago, bc57 said:

The boys don’t know but we are sending out our fitness coach on Saturday:whistle

Archived