Jump to content
Seaside Sam

West of Scotland Cup

Recommended Posts

Still no dates for the other semi final and final. I aim they'll be next Tuesday and Friday respectively.

Don't understand why our tie at Cambuslang isn't tomorrow which would allow both semifinals to be played on Saturday with a final next Wednesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

Still no dates for the other semi final and final. I aim they'll be next Tuesday and Friday respectively.

Don't understand why our tie at Cambuslang isn't tomorrow which would allow both semifinals to be played on Saturday with a final next Wednesday.

Mate ur no getting this we can’t play Saturday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

Mate ur no getting this we can’t play Saturday 

Why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Why not?

all our boys at a wedding in benidorm, been planned for months and we asked for a free saturday for this weekend in case we were still playing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

all our boys at a wedding in benidorm, been planned for months and we asked for a free saturday for this weekend in case we were still playing

There's no substitute for class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

There's no substitute for class.

The have done well to get back from Las Vegas on time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Viewparker said:

The have done well to get back from Las Vegas on time. 

Darvel makes Auchinleck look like Las Vegas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
who do u diddies get in the west semi ? 
Lol ,it"l not matter to u if u can"t play it ?
So u'l b the diddies if u cant fulfill your fixture ? The Darvel Bellend returns with some more comedy gold !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kilsyth ranger said:

Lol ,it"l not matter to u if u can"t play it ?
So u'l b the diddies if u cant fulfill your fixture ? The Darvel Bellend returns with some more comedy gold !
emoji12.pngemoji12.pngemoji12.pngemoji12.pngemoji12.pngemoji12.png

Be a shame if we go on and win this u and the haters would be very quiet all summer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There have already been two instances where teams have had to forfeit a cup tie this season due to non availability of players.  

If this had happened 3 months ago there would not have been a problem postponing the tie, however, we have ten days of the season left.  And if Beith do get through on Wednesday night they could possibly have a further 4 games to play in 6 days.  

I should also also point out that this is a semi final in the second biggest cup competition which could possibly draw a big crowd on a Saturday but would not be as appealing on a Monday night say.  So it could cost Beith a bit of lost revenue.  The fixture is still showing on the SJFA website so I’m sure Beith/Cumnock already have preparations under way to host the game on Saturday.  

Edited by beithboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could always ask If  the fixture  could be played in Benidorm ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Be a shame if we go on and win this u and the haters would be very quiet all summer 

If it had been a home tie you could have blamed the dodgy boiler!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, beithboy said:

There have already been two instances where teams have had to forfeit a cup tie this season due to non availability of players.  

If this had happened 3 months ago there would not have been a problem postponing the tie, however, we have ten days of the season left.  And if Beith do get through on Wednesday night they could possibly have a further 4 games to play in 6 days.  

I should also also point out that this is a semi final in the second biggest cup competition which could possibly draw a big crowd on a Saturday but would not be as appealing on a Monday night say.  So it could cost Beith a bit of lost revenue.  The fixture is still showing on the SJFA website so I’m sure Beith/Cumnock already have preparations under way to host the game on Saturday.  

What would have happened if beith had won last night, were they playing two games on the Saturday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, beithboy said:

possibly draw a big crowd on a Saturday but would not be as appealing on a Monday

I can see your point, although no semi final would cost even more revenue 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

What would have happened if beith had won last night, were they playing two games on the Saturday?

 

57 minutes ago, beithboy said:

There have already been two instances where teams have had to forfeit a cup tie this season due to non availability of players.  

If this had happened 3 months ago there would not have been a problem postponing the tie, however, we have ten days of the season left.  And if Beith do get through on Wednesday night they could possibly have a further 4 games to play in 6 days.  

I should also also point out that this is a semi final in the second biggest cup competition which could possibly draw a big crowd on a Saturday but would not be as appealing on a Monday night say.  So it could cost Beith a bit of lost revenue.  The fixture is still showing on the SJFA website so I’m sure Beith/Cumnock already have preparations under way to host the game on Saturday.  

Another couple of points, should not make a difference whether it’s 3 months, weeks or days ago. If you are suggesting that 3 months ago it would have been ok to postpone it should still be ok now. Also I am led to believe Cumnock have a youth tournament on at Townhead on Saturday so beats me how the game could be played there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We would have been playing in the Ayrshire cup final, but we did not win so the SJFA have still got us playing g on Saturday and would have (possibly)  had to play 5 games in 6 days. 

But the point is we would have played when we were asked to and still will With our remaining games.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

 

Another couple of points, should not make a difference whether it’s 3 months, weeks or days ago. If you are suggesting that 3 months ago it would have been ok to postpone it should still be ok now. Also I am led to believe Cumnock have a youth tournament on at Townhead on Saturday so beats me how the game could be played there?

So you think it would have been ok to ask Beith to play two semifinals and possibly two finals in 5 days? By postponing  west semifinal.  And if they had actually won last night  play  5 games in 6 days.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, beithboy said:

So you think it would have been ok to ask Beith to play two semifinals and possibly two finals in 5 days? By postponing  west semifinal.  And if they had actually won last night  play  5 games in 6 days.  

No of course not, the bigger picture is once again the mess that is the fixture list from day one of the season. Listen I will probably say a bit of naievity on our part but all we want is a fair crack o the whip, as far as I’m led to believe we have not had a response from an e mail sent first thing this morning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×