West of Scotland Cup

Seaside Sam

3 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

Right enough get practice for the 4 games on plastic pitches next season

Honestly don't mind too much Largs and Cumnock, Peasies' honkin and not been to Renfrew. Fingers crossed for Troon and Medda.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

West Region Junior FA New Coin Holdings West of Scotland Cup
 Semi-Final
Mon, 11 Jun    19:30            Beith Juniors F.C.        -        Darvel Juniors F.C.        Bellsdale Park

What’s the ruling on teams signing amateur players for the play offs like from shortlees and Hurlford etc.?
You can't sign anybody from anywhere at this stage of the season as you can't register them. You could play an amateur player as a trialist in a league match and i heard that a Shortlees player played for Troon recently under this rule, but i don't know if that is true. You can't play trialists in cup matches. So the question is, are the play offs governed by league match rules or cup tie rules?
I would guess the former, but i don't know for sure.

So now we have Beith v Darvel on Monday in West semi

The other semi Hurlford/Cambuslang(playing on 9th) v Talbot yet to be scheduled, presume it to be on 11th as well.

Beith still to play Royal Albert at Tilework Park in ET semi

ET Final scheduled for Thursday 14th v Petershill at venue unknown

West Final yet to be scheduled

Just the usual orderly end to a West season!!

This is great our chairman sends our boys to Benidorm for 4 days to a spa retreat to prepare for a semi final , all hell breaks loose as it’s tiny wee Darvel , the secretary gets his dates mixed up and he has to give him some killie pies to change the date , we have annoyed the premiership champions and it seems royal Albert , we just cannae win , no one likes us we don’t care 

This is great our chairman sends our boys to Benidorm for 4 days to a spa retreat to prepare for a semi final , all hell breaks loose as it’s tiny wee Darvel , the secretary gets his dates mixed up and he has to give him some killie pies to change the date , we have annoyed the premiership champions and it seems royal Albert , we just cannae win , no one likes us we don’t care 
**"Kilmarnock Pies"**

Sent from my SM-A520F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

You really couldn't make this shite up. Quarter final yesterday, semi final Monday, possible final Wednesday. What way is that to run the second largest trophy in the Junior game? Fixture secretary should hang his head in shame - bring on the Lowland League ffs.

8 minutes ago, TFW said:

You really couldn't make this shite up. Quarter final yesterday, semi final Monday, possible final Wednesday. What way is that to run the second largest trophy in the Junior game? Fixture secretary should hang his head in shame - bring on the Lowland League ffs.

Yep couldnae make it up  if Beith and talbot make the final (not saying they will) it will be a farce as both teams have had a pile of games to play and both squads will be out on their feet, and the second biggest cup competition will be reduced to a game of 22 players trying to stay on their feet. 

Yep couldnae make it up  if Beith and talbot make the final (not saying they will) it will be a farce as both teams have had a pile of games to play and both squads will be out on their feet, and the second biggest cup competition will be reduced to a game of 22 players trying to stay on their feet. 
Hopefully u won't have that problem! [emoji6][emoji1360]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

23 minutes ago, beithboy said:

22 players trying to stay on their feet!

That I'll be a first for fitba.     :)

18 minutes ago, wylieboy said:

Beithboy I agree but surely you would be rather playing semi finals and possibly finals at this time of season than sitting in the house twiddling your fingers

Sent from my SM-T555 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Of course I would, but not squeezing all the games into a period of a week!!!,  when you consider that the gap between the Scottish cup semi-final and final is a month......... then you have to play a quarter final a semi final and a final in the space of a week and then if you are still involved in other cups squeeze them in between.    It’s not as if these guys play football for a living they go out every day and do a  full days work then are asked to play 4 games in 6 days. It’s a farce. 

1 minute ago, beithboy said:

Of course I would, but not squeezing all the games into a period of a week!!!,  when you consider that the gap between the Scottish cup semi-final and final is a month......... then you have to play a quarter final a semi final and a final in the space of a week and then if you are still involved in other cups squeeze them in between.    It’s not as if these guys play football for a living they go out every day and do a  full days work then are asked to play 4 games in 6 days. It’s a farce. 

Hope they are f————— 

Archived