West of Scotland Cup

Seaside Sam

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This just sums up junior football!!!
Free weeks should cease to exist from next season, no September weekends ect, ffs majority of players getting reasonable wages so should be available till end of season and club's should make that clear to them when signing them, want free weeks sign for a pub team

33 minutes ago, qwerty said:

This just sums up junior football!!!
Free weeks should cease to exist from next season, no September weekends ect, ffs majority of players getting reasonable wages so should be available till end of season and club's should make that clear to them when signing them, want free weeks sign for a pub team

The September weekend exemption was abolished at last year's West Region AGM

My 10p worth . I think if Darvel will get the book flung at them if they don’t play the tie on Saturday . The whereabouts of the story should be on their side but we know what happened to Johnstone Burgh . Big question is though if it was Beith or Cumnock that couldn’t play on Saturday would the same punishment fit? I for one very much doubt it

1 hour ago, fan of the juniors said:

My 10p worth . I think if Darvel will get the book flung at them if they don’t play the tie on Saturday . The whereabouts of the story should be on their side but we know what happened to Johnstone Burgh . Big question is though if it was Beith or Cumnock that couldn’t play on Saturday would the same punishment fit? I for one very much doubt it

why would Beith or Cumnock get special treatment? 

Any historical examples of this? 

12 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

Bigger clubs always seem to get looked on in better light than the smaller clubs in the juniors . Not off the top of my head .

It's quite often not a like for like comparison because the bigger sides are well enough run to avoid these sort of issues. in the first place. 

ETA: Was asking for examples as I half expected there to be a couple that I wasn't aware of. I wouldn't be surprised if the odd double standard crept in here and there over the years, Junior football isn't particularly a bastion of administrative excellence or integrity. 

It's quite often not a like for like comparison because the bigger sides are well enough run to avoid these sort of issues. in the first place. 
ETA: Was asking for examples as I half expected there to be a couple that I wasn't aware of. I wouldn't be surprised if the odd double standard crept in here and there over the years, Junior football isn't particularly a bastion of administrative excellence or integrity. 

Im hearing beith v darvel moved to Monday and beith playing evening times cup on Saturday final of it on Wednesday final of west on Friday

3 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

Im hearing beith v darvel moved to Monday and beith playing evening times cup on Saturday final of it on Wednesday final of west on Friday

No no Saturday we were told :P

well next question where is the game being played ? 

Kilbirnie playing at bellsdale Monday night 

Archived