West of Scotland Cup

Seaside Sam

7 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Mate see the beiths Talbot’s off this world they are used to playing at this time of the year 

we at Darvel aren’t 

What’s that got to do with anything? the players contracts will run till the date of the agm so you should be prepared to still be playing at that point.  You should not allow the mass arrangement of an event until you know your seas9n is officially over. 

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Shannon said:

Your aims were probably for league play offs this season? Or at least getting to later stages of West or Ayrshire Cup? Either of these 3 competitions could have been played this Saturday so risky have a large number of players away. 3/4 players it can't be helped as June is holiday season but if most of squad then that is a bad decision.

No many teams are still playing 9th June and we certainly haven’t for over 30 years and we told them many weeks ago we could not play this Saturday but listen we will manage to sort it out one way or another 

Just now, beithboy said:

What’s that got to do with anything? the players contracts will run till the date of the agm so you should be prepared to still be playing at that point.  You should not allow the mass arrangement of an event until you know your seas9n is officially over. 

I’m pretty sure if beith win on Wednesday they would not want a bye into the final of a major competition 

too many good guys at beith for that to happen 

2 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

I’m pretty sure if beith win on Wednesday they would not want a bye into the final of a major competition 

Think you will find wether it is Beith or Cumnock you play you will be playing on Saturday. 

956799A9-DC35-49C1-814F-F289A63689F0.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

It’s got nothing to do with Beith/Cumnock it’s the SJFA who set the dates, of we are lucky enough to win on Wednesday we will be preparing to play Saturday as per SJFA website. 

Think you will find wether it is Beith or Cumnock you play you will be playing on Saturday. 
956799A9-DC35-49C1-814F-F289A63689F0.thumb.jpeg.cfc2da163e71777d382f26aad3a791be.jpeg
If thats the case then it looks like rules for some & not others, if u had won tonight & win on Wednesday then u were pencilled in to play 2 games on Saturday so alternatives to be made to accommodate this, if there wasn't such a fixture pile up this season there wouldn't be an issue

Girvan have a few important players away on holiday for play offs next week. We should not be playing at this time of year in my opinion, but sadly that’s just the way it is.

8 hours ago, beithboy said:

It’s got nothing to do with Beith/Cumnock it’s the SJFA who set the dates, of we are lucky enough to win on Wednesday we will be preparing to play Saturday as per SJFA website. 

So he gave u two games ? How were u going to manage that if ud won last night ? 

Didn't something very similar happen in the Scottish this year as well? 

I forget the team now but they freed their players in December around Christmas even though it was known well in advance to be a potential fixture weekend? 

It's unfortunate but the rules on it are pretty clear. 

Didn't something very similar happen in the Scottish this year as well? 
I forget the team now but they freed their players in December around Christmas even though it was known well in advance to be a potential fixture weekend? 
It's unfortunate but the rules on it are pretty clear. 
Johnstone Burgh???
I think they got banned from the Scottish for next season because of it. Don't know if a similar rule / punishment exists for the WoS Cup.

Archived