Scotland’s best pitch

11 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Yes, that's exactly what it's like.

Glad you agree.

11 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I just hope our new pitch is even worse than the old one.

Shall be glorious scenes.

That seems an odd position to take. I'll only see it 2 times a season (maybe more or less depending on cups/split), you have to put up with it every single home game. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Motherwell played most of our U20s games at Airdrie.

Not during last season, a quick look at the club website shows most of the home games were played in Stirling.

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2017/08/16/tv-highlights-from-forthbank-stadium-2/

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2017/08/28/dons-up-next-for-well-u20s/

I certainly ran our twitter account at the game with Motherwell and there is no way we could have got to Airdrie in time

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2017/11/01/motherwell-u20s-0-0-st-johnstone-u20s/

42 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

That's like wearing a pair of trousers covered in dog shite, yet claiming people are seething when they point it out.

At least jags001 has been replaced. 

5 hours ago, standman said:

Why can’t the media give Stirling the credit they are due for having the best playing surface in Scotland? 

They almost seem to be an inconvenient afterthought despite the fact they have outperformed everybody else which is incredible given the level of their resource.

The media here are obsessed by the Premiership at times, even when it isn’t the story

Is there commemorative lego?

if not, I don't believe this ever  happened.

The presentation of the results of this survey is an utter failure at data analytics.

As has been pointed out, the vast majority of the ratings will be from league games, to the extent that you can almost discard cup games on the basis of statistical insignificance. On that basis, how can you possibly claim that the pitch at Forthbank is "better" than the pitch at Fir Park when they were rated by two disjoint sets of players, each applying their own subjective criteria as to what constitutes a "good" pitch? Criteria that will almost certainly change as you go down the leagues.

Pitch-scores.jpg

2 minutes ago, Quiteabig Deal said:

Hamilton Killie and Hearts easily the shannest in the league.

Fair dos to Motherwell who’s pitch was a fucking state only a few years back.  

Killie's wasn't the "shannest in the league" the year before thou. It's amazing how teams who used to find it easy at RP have now changed their tune.....

Just now, The Master said:

They should try laying the grass that's in the dugout.

Tbf they've ripped the pitch up, so not sure how it'll turn out next season 

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

That's actually very good.

For you.

Literally just got that :lol:

Genuinely thick as f**k. 

11 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Killie's wasn't the "shannest in the league" the year before thou. It's amazing how teams who used to find it easy at RP have now changed their tune.....

The artificial pitch is shocking.  If you argue against that it’s not worth debating good Sir.  

Just now, tree house tam said:

I didn't want to say tbh.

Just say it half subtle and ill never catch on. 

18 minutes ago, The Master said:

The presentation of the results of this survey is an utter failure at data analytics.

As has been pointed out, the vast majority of the ratings will be from league games, to the extent that you can almost discard cup games on the basis of statistical insignificance. On that basis, how can you possibly claim that the pitch at Forthbank is "better" than the pitch at Fir Park when they were rated by two disjoint sets of players, each applying their own subjective criteria as to what constitutes a "good" pitch? Criteria that will almost certainly change as you go down the leagues.

Pitch-scores.jpg

Fucking hell, the formatting of that is also atrocious - placement of text and then the mishmash with orientation. Must have been the student on a placement :lol:

7 minutes ago, Quiteabig Deal said:

The artificial pitch is shocking.  If you argue against that it’s not worth debating good Sir.  

I agree..., that's not the point I was making thou. Football should be played on grass which is scheduled to return to RP for the start of season 19/20.

Archived