Meadow v Arthurlie/ Arthurlie v Meadow

.Stuart.

Absolutely right to celebrate...and if this style of play suits your palette then great but it certainly hasn’t converted me to be a spectator.
Really had hoped this 1970/80s footy was a thing of the past!

I doubt we’ll miss your £6 too much next season.

Stick to watching Barcelona.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, TFW said:

With Arthurlie going down there's now just Talbot who have not been relegated from the Super League since it's inception.

Hurlford also haven't been relegated although they have far fewer seasons in the top division

1 hour ago, .Stuart. said:

I fail to see your point as I didn’t notice anyone saying that?

It was just a comment on how poor Scottish football is generally; it’s not just the juniors

Ive been critical of arthurlie in the past but so sad to see how far they have fallen. 2 wins in the league all season isnt good enough.  Would they have got more wins if they hadnt changed manager early in the season? Billy had plenty of time to change things around surely. Worrying times ahead for the 'lie supporters.

23 minutes ago, footieman said:

Ive been critical of arthurlie in the past but so sad to see how far they have fallen. 2 wins in the league all season isnt good enough.  Would they have got more wins if they hadnt changed manager early in the season? Billy had plenty of time to change things around surely. Worrying times ahead for the 'lie supporters.

Someone asked on the Arthurlie forum, if any other manager could have done a better job than Ogilvie with the standard of player Arthurlie had.  I think thats a fair point but tactically Ogilvie was poor. Ultra defensive, not nice to watch.   Most of our fans realised very early in the season we weren't going to survive the drop.  Chris Mackie realised a wee bit later and bailed out and unfortunately Ogilvie hasn't been able to galvanise a very poor squad and added players who couldn't get a game elsewhere.  

To answer your question, i do think we may have won more games under Chris but only because the players would have worked a bit harder for him.  Would we have escaped relegation under him?  Very doubtful .  Simply put the players were not good enough.  

Will we bounce back?   Not with these players.  Not with Billy in charge.  

1 hour ago, Satori. said:

Someone asked on the Arthurlie forum, if any other manager could have done a better job than Ogilvie with the standard of player Arthurlie had.  I think thats a fair point but tactically Ogilvie was poor. Ultra defensive, not nice to watch.   Most of our fans realised very early in the season we weren't going to survive the drop.  Chris Mackie realised a wee bit later and bailed out and unfortunately Ogilvie hasn't been able to galvanise a very poor squad and added players who couldn't get a game elsewhere.  

To answer your question, i do think we may have won more games under Chris but only because the players would have worked a bit harder for him.  Would we have escaped relegation under him?  Very doubtful .  Simply put the players were not good enough.  

Will we bounce back?   Not with these players.  Not with Billy in charge.  

Well i hope you do bounce back. Just doesnt feel right without arthurlie in the top league. 

1 hour ago, footieman said:

Well i hope you do bounce back. Just doesnt feel right without arthurlie in the top league. 

I get where they are coming from regards that but Ogilvy brought in a lot of players who clearely werent good enough, also brought in three on other peoples word and started them only to hook them at half time, that to me doesnt look like bad planning or tactics more desperation.

Been very surprised that Billy hasn’t managed to turn things around as been pretty successful elsewhere albeit he’s always had access to some real quality players either at QP or EKFC.

Maybe Arthurlie just hasn’t been the right fit for Billy or perhaps just needs more time or maybe Junior style of fitba just doesn’t suit him.

IMO whoever manages Arthurlie next season has a huge job and needs to know the Junior game.

That result is a poor one for us , that’s 4- 6 points we need to take off arthurlie to make up what we take off meadow , poor team but fair play to them getting results required 

That poor that that even after our disastrous start to the season, we finished one goal off automatic promotion, one point off 2nd place and 18 points above your mob.

Aye, very poor.

Archived