Meadow v Arthurlie/ Arthurlie v Meadow

.Stuart.

4 hours ago, Satori. said:

Arthurlie did not deserve anything from that game. Medda were stronger,faster and fought for everything.  They thoroughly deserved the victory.  I hope they do well next season but the will need to strengthen.  

The only thing that annoyed me about them was the constant screaming from their bench for the least bit of contact on their players.  They will certainly rival Rob Roy on that count.  

PS.  Get Ogilvie out. He does not have a clue. Arthurlie will not move forward with him at the helm. I can't for the life of me see where he got his good reputation as a coach.

Said this from day one, an absolute bomscare of a manager, brining in players and starting them when he hadnt seen them play?? 51 players used this season in compeditive games tells you all you need to know. Thank fook the committee seem to have finally realised and fingers crossed he will be away today. No offence to the man himself im sure hes a nice guy he is just not the right man for my club and never was.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Ouch, i know Billy reads this (as do most managers, they think your all rockets btw). Billy will know himself if it's went tits up.

If thats the caser it will be the first thing hes got right in his time at the club, hopefully we wont have to wait on him deciding and matters will be taken out of his hands.

Personally i dont think you can blame the manager he's had alot to deal with since taking over. Alot of players wanting to leave, players being injured, having to take players onboard that he's not seen play before and players being very inconsistent. I think he deserves a chance to build his own team with whatever budget he is given.

Sent from my G8141 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

11 minutes ago, 1874_MTL said:

Personally i dont think you can blame the manager he's had alot to deal with since taking over. Alot of players wanting to leave, players being injured, having to take players onboard that he's not seen play before and players being very inconsistent. I think he deserves a chance to build his own team with whatever budget he is given.

He brought in players and started them having never seen them play? At CArnoustie he was telling his back five to hold their shape when we were two nil down with five minutes to play? Please give me one, just ONE positive that he has done in his time, just one??

He brought in players and started them having never seen them play? At CArnoustie he was telling his back five to hold their shape when we were two nil down with five minutes to play? Please give me one, just ONE positive that he has done in his time, just one??
The game at home to clydebank the team actually done as they were asked kept there shape played good football and came out on top with a 2-0 victory and when you only have 11/12 players at your disposal then sometimes you have to listen to other peoples opinions of players

4 minutes ago, 1874_MTL said:

The game at home to clydebank the team actually done as they were asked kept there shape played good football and came out on top with a 2-0 victory and when you only have 11/12 players at your disposal then sometimes you have to listen to other peoples opinions of players

All the best wherever you end up Billy, it just didnt work at Arthurlie.

Disappointed for the folk I know at Arthurlie, but they've come close to being in the playoffs a few times recently, and I have to be honest and say I thought their recent managerial appointments were bizarre to say the least. They never looked like getting out of trouble at any point this season and there were already a lot of rumours about players leaving in the summer before last night's result.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

6 hours ago, jinky said:

Thought these two teams were playing for a place in the elite division of Scottish Junior football?!

The bottom team was bottom for a reason.  Meadow were just above midway in the second tier. 

What the hell did you expect? Cowdenbeath quality?

Billy ogilvie from what I hear clearly has no clue at all plays players out of position plays players who haven’t played for months, doesn’t listen to senior players opinion, continues to play crazy formations, the assistant lee clearly has no input, let’s players leave who should have been kept, put out two cups from teams in lower divisions need I go on!

I watched the SPFL play off games on Alba and BT and they were mostly pretty poor quality. They are very nervy affairs where you have to play to your strengths and hold on to your lead.

Meadow had our top scorer and player of the season out through injury in ex Arthurlie Eddie McTernan who is a cracking striker especially alongside Boyd. We played to our strengths same as Talbot done in Junior Cup Final. 2 goals in injury time from corners for Talbot? We scored one goal from a set piece a cracking header from Begley and another good individual skill from Boyd for the second goal.

We may have finished 5th spot but were 2 points from 2nd place after an awful start under our previous manager Ross Wilson and shows Meadow were correct in getting McGinty and his team in who has transformed the team and got a great team spirit now compared to back in September.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Also Arthurlie seem to be in much the same bad way as we were just 2 years ago. A new management team in Gareth Turner and Michael Wardrope and cutting our cloth with local players helped steady the ship last season then built on that this season getting 9 more points into play offs and going up. No doubt we will have same ups and downs next season but got a great team spirit and going on right direction on and off the park. I am sure Arthurlie can do the same with right guys at the helm.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

7 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

I’m amazed that people still find the poor quality of football in the lower reaches of non-league Scottish football a surprise.

I’m surprised that people still find it surprising how poor the quality is in the higher reaches of the Scottish  League! 

I’m surprised that people still find it surprising how poor the quality is in the higher reaches of the Scottish  League! 

I fail to see your point as I didn’t notice anyone saying that?

Archived