Meadow v Arthurlie/ Arthurlie v Meadow

.Stuart.

10 hours ago, paul wright scores said:

Charming you clown. 

I like the Meadow, as I was born in Irvine and my gran stayed right next to Meadow Park and I have always had a soft spot for them so I am sad it is they who put Arthulie down.  They were the last club I wanted to do this to Arthurlie. 

Nugget

Sorry   I thought you were a hater especially after a post before the first game 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went along as a neutral and have to say the quality of football on offer was nothing short of dreadful...don’t really blame the players as assume the coaches are responsible for tactics which tbh were non existent.

Both teams humping the ball from end to end..surely at this level we can expect better and a very very poor advert for junior football which on the evidence of this game is stuck in a bygone era!

Come on guys you are being paid to coach and influence the tactics and style of play...surely you can do better than this and why would any young budding player want to be subjected to this route 1,blood & thunder ,gladiatorial farce of a game.This is our no 1 national game and these players who undoubtedly have ability are being directed to play in such a manner!!

On 9 June 2018 at 09:23, glensmad said:

Idiot of the night goes to the Medda fan who, less than a minute after the end of the game, felt the need to verbally abuse me from the other side of the road and tell me how bad Arthurlie are, just because I looked in his direction as he shouted looking for somebody to react to him. The fact that I told him I'm a Glencairn supporter didn't seem to matter as he continued to shout abuse as I climbed into my car and drove off. You would have thought he'd have been happy and still inside the ground celebrating with his team, but instead he was outside looking for somebody to fight.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Can only say i was very very glad Meadow got promoted. With a bit of luck the rocket element might have went somewhere else in a year's time.

Can only say i was very very glad Meadow got promoted. With a bit of luck the rocket element might have went somewhere else in a year's time.

Some steamer started on my Dad after the second Meadow goal, you would think these folk would be happy with promotion. But can’t help being fannies.

23 hours ago, jinky said:

Thought these two teams were playing for a place in the elite division of Scottish Junior football?!

The two teams had a number of 6'4" players the Seniors would have called cart horses. The Boyd fella seems to be something of a hero, he was about the best of the cart horses. Very little skill and big punts up the park all match long. What was with the shop that ran out of stock. Nobody standing by that could have have jumped in a car two streets away to the supermarket during the first half.

I've only seen Arthurlie once this season (last night) but I've seen Meadow five or six times, and long ball is undoubtedly their game. It clearly works for them, it's not pretty to watch, but it has got them promoted back to where they want to be. Time will tell whether McGinty and Aitchison now change that approach.

Thought these two teams were playing for a place in the elite division of Scottish Junior football?!

Which is a lower level than the HL/LL/EOS/SOS leagues.

I honestly couldn’t give two hoots if you weren’t entertained last night. That game was for the Meadow and Arthurlie fans and I doubt a single Meadow fan would be complaining in getting promoted after our dreadful start to this season.

Shows how much the Juniors have fallen. That game at one time would have attracted a couple of thousand.

And Scotland used to get crowds of 100,000

Killie 20,000 etc etc.

Shows how much the Juniors have fallen. That game at one time would have attracted a couple of thousand.

Thirty years ago Peterhead, then a Highland League side, got 8000 for a midweek Scottish Cup match against Raith Rovers. You know where I stand on the pyramid, but crowds are doon across the board and I’m not sure I’d agree with your second point anyway,vseeing some past crowds that weren’t as big as we’d remember noo...

30 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

Which is a lower level than the HL/LL/EOS/SOS leagues.

I honestly couldn’t give two hoots if you weren’t entertained last night. That game was for the Meadow and Arthurlie fans and I doubt a single Meadow fan would be complaining in getting promoted after our dreadful start to this season.

Typical outlook from a parochial and shortsighted fan...can’t even see that if it weren’t for a restructure of leagues finishing 5th would have meant nothing apart from another year in the wilderness which is what that type of football deserves.

Time to wake up my friend and unless your style of play changes you will be back where your style deserves...yes,the very lowest echelons of non league football and with an ever dwindling and exasperated support.

Celebrate being the 5th best team in ur league watched cambuslang a dozen or so times this season and they are dire 

and u weren't above them ( they did beat lok ). Next seas on  is a busted flush we will join the pyramid. junior cup a glorified west of scotland if they cant get a sponsor when the east teams were involved how will they get one now. bye tj

Typical outlook from a parochial and shortsighted fan...can’t even see that if it weren’t for a restructure of leagues finishing 5th would have meant nothing apart from another year in the wilderness which is what that type of football deserves.

Time to wake up my friend and unless your style of play changes you will be back where your style deserves...yes,the very lowest echelons of non league football and with an ever dwindling and exasperated support.

You seem absolutely raging that I said you were wrong.

Celebrate being the 5th best team in ur league watched cambuslang a dozen or so times this season and they are dire 
and u weren't above them ( they did beat lok ). Next seas on  is a busted flush we will join the pyramid. junior cup a glorified west of scotland if they cant get a sponsor when the east teams were involved how will they get one now. bye tj

Imagine celebrating being promoted. Utter madness

Idiot of the night goes to the Medda fan who, less than a minute after the end of the game, felt the need to verbally abuse me from the other side of the road and tell me how bad Arthurlie are, just because I looked in his direction as he shouted looking for somebody to react to him. The fact that I told him I'm a Glencairn supporter didn't seem to matter as he continued to shout abuse as I climbed into my car and drove off. You would have thought he'd have been happy and still inside the ground celebrating with his team, but instead he was outside looking for somebody to fight.

Sorry to hear that. The big games always seem to bring out a small knobhead element to the Meadow support.

Absolutely right to celebrate...and if this style of play suits your palette then great but it certainly hasn’t converted me to be a spectator.

Really had hoped this 1970/80s footy was a thing of the past!

Archived