West Super Saturday

Redbrae

They think it's all over...it is now! Can't actually believe it. The waiting at the end was the worst! Our game, which started 2 minutes after the cumnock-Talbot game, ended 5-6  minutes before that game! Fantastic game today from Beith. Girvan never gave up, like other team would after being down 6-0 and kept trying to the end whistle...great great to them!

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
we put a lot of emphasis on the cup in the juniors but a league is unquestionably harder to win and the sign of a better team.

Well done to Beith. if Largs go up tomorrow and Beith win the semi final on Monday the Ayrshire final could be some occasion
Scottish is the main cup. League is a decent second. Playing a backlog of league games doesn't help any team.

But it doesn't take the shine out off the way Beith won today.

In a side note the way fixtures are handled by three sjfa may be the fact why so many teams are leaving

Brilliant season! Well done to Beith! If you give away silly goals you don’t win things was today’s lesson. but 4 months ago we were out the race so to take it to the last day after a fixture pile up is no sa bad. Hopefully next year :thumsup2

Brilliant season! Well done to Beith! If you give away silly goals you don’t win things was today’s lesson. but 4 months ago we were out the race so to take it to the last day after a fixture pile up is no sa bad. Hopefully next year :thumsup2
Well said Aaron, a few things you'll see.

Beith players score against Talbot they will go and celebrate with their own fans. Worthy champions

Hurlford score in Scottish final fat clown runs to oor fans to celebrate.

Cumnock draw 2-2 and celebrate towards Talbot fans as if they had won the league.

Shows with the rest they envy all about Talbot which needs to be admired and also shows how far down they pecking order cumnock have become.

4 minutes ago, Talbot 78 said:

Well said Aaron, a few things you'll see.

Beith players score against Talbot they will go and celebrate with their own fans. Worthy champions

Hurlford score in Scottish final fat clown runs to oor fans to celebrate.

Cumnock draw 2-2 and celebrate towards Talbot fans as if they had won the league.

Shows with the rest they envy all about Talbot which needs to be admired and also shows how far down they pecking order cumnock have become.

I don't think he was deliberately running to celebrate there because Talbot fans were at that end. More like because he was at that side of the penalty box when he scored.

I don't think he was deliberately running to celebrate there because Talbot fans were at that end. More like because he was at that side of the penalty box when he scored.

In the cup final? Have you watched the game on t.v.? Patting his badge whilst indicating towards us looks as if he is.

He could have result ran towards his own fans surely?

1 minute ago, Talbot 78 said:

In the cup final? Have you watched the game on t.v.? Patting his badge whilst indicating towards us looks as if he is.

He could have result ran towards his own fans surely?

I was referring to Jinky Hilton today.

Ah right. I was referring to the whole team at the end of the game.especially Talbot Reject Montgomery kissing his badge and wee seniors reject boy burns rejoicing like they won thet league or the game. If they had given all their previous managers the same spirit today then they may have won something by now.

16 minutes ago, Talbot 78 said:
40 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Ah right. I was referring to the whole team at the end of the game.especially Talbot Reject Montgomery kissing his badge and wee seniors reject boy burns rejoicing like they won thet league or the game. If they had given all their previous managers the same spirit today then they may have won something by now.

Was it Burns that the police had to pull away from someone as they headed up to the dressing rooms? Very much a game of two halves today but I expected Talbot to get the late goal.

Was it Burns that the police had to pull away from someone as they headed up to the dressing rooms? Very much a game of two halves today but I expected Talbot to get the late goal.
Aye aye. As usual when talbot dont get their own way theres bother. But as usual its someone elses fault

Aye aye. As usual when talbot dont get their own way theres bother. But as usual its someone elses fault
Irrelevant post. Cumnock are not thee team anymore. Havent been for a long time. You had a draw today. That's all

8 minutes ago, stevie2502 said:
18 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Merely observing what I saw. As it happens I was a neutral in the Cumnock end. Although I was pleased one of our young players scored the equaliser.

A daily mail reporter asked the police and they told him were no arrests today. I saw there was some wee lad squirting water on the players as they went in and the police were speaking to him at the end of the game.

Im sure Peter will be disappointed in his entire team going over to the opposition support like that looking for trouble, Burns walked the length of the support shouting things and making gestures. Unfortunately theres history of violence in this fixture so I’m very very glad none of the supporters responded to it.  

3 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

A daily mail reporter asked the police and they told him were no arrests today. I saw there was some wee lad squirting water on the players as they went in and the police were speaking to him at the end of the game.

Im sure Peter will be disappointed in his entire team going over to the opposition support like that looking for trouble, Burns walked the length of the support shouting things and making gestures. Unfortunately theres history of violence in this fixture so I’m very very glad none of the supporters responded to it.  

Glad to here that! But thanks to Cumnock for the draw. We couldn't have done it without you!!:1eye

Im sure you will be dissapointed at your reaction as well... Dels got the highlights. Bitter much

Archived