Best chip shop

NJ2

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jack McPhee used to be good. Granted the majority of times I went I was absolutely pished. They used to have different prices for after midnight to take advantage of all the pissheads, the c***s.

Was always decent. Gandolfi’s fish used to be good as well.

When I read the first post and before I clicked the link, I immediately thought of "duddingston fry". My old man used to be a Sparky for a company who's depot was in Old Craighall Ind Est not far from it and I'd sometimes go out for a weekend shift with him and get something out there on the way back.
Halcyon days.

I was in the area and got myself a fish supper from Dora’s tonight.
It was awful, I’ve managed about half of it but the fish was tasteless, the batter was too thick and it was chewy rather than crisp. Also the chips were peely wally and chewy.

I’m utterly distraught. I’ll not go back.

I was in the area and got myself a fish supper from Dora’s tonight.
It was awful, I’ve managed about half of it but the fish was tasteless, the batter was too thick and it was chewy rather than crisp. Also the chips were peely wally and chewy.

I’m utterly distraught. I’ll not go back.

Dora’s is pish mate. Busy as f**k at dinner time as well. Don’t think there is a decent chipper in that area of Dundee unfortunately

Hook Line and Sinker in Portsoy .  Fish supper always up to a high standard.

Honourable mentions to The Plaice to Be in Pitlochry, and The Codfather mobile chipper in various locations (The Leys at Keith on Fridays)

Archived