The Next Livingston Manager

3 hours ago, Bigbairn72 said:

Miller is the one for the board according to the “record”

The Record know squat. Some of the tripe both red tops have written about our club in recent weeks has been proven to be nonsense. The club stated some time ago that they have 3 or 4 candidates and will sit down with Martindale when he returns from his holiday to take forward. I spoke with someone at the club his morning when renewing our tickets and this position has not changed.

The papers need to write stories involving old firm players/past players as this is what gets clicks and sales. Most of it made up - the spin on Larsson is a great example!

btw, I am not sure Miller meets the ‘experience’ requirement that John Ward mentioned as a key attribute for whoever gets the job so think it will unlikely be him. If it is him, it will be decided once Martindale is back despite what the Record say! 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed on the lack of experience for Miller. It would seem contradictory to the messages we have heard.

I imagine there must be someone ITK who can identify the 3-4 people they are talking to.

31 minutes ago, Snooky said:

The Record know squat. Some of the tripe both red tops have written about our club in recent weeks has been proven to be nonsense. The club stated some time ago that they have 3 or 4 candidates and will sit down with Martindale when he returns from his holiday to take forward. I spoke with someone at the club his morning when renewing our tickets and this position has not changed.

The papers need to write stories involving old firm players/past players as this is what gets clicks and sales. Most of it made up - the spin on Larsson is a great example!

btw, I am not sure Miller meets the ‘experience’ requirement that John Ward mentioned as a key attribute for whoever gets the job so think it will unlikely be him. If it is him, it will be decided once Martindale is back despite what the Record say! 

A hear ye!! Totally agree with you but I honestly think it’s millers if he wants it.just a gut feeling.as long as he doesn’t get offered decent money for another year on the park.only thing is I can imagine he would want to bring someone with him.another blue nose coming to the end of his career no doubt 

19 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Agreed on the lack of experience for Miller. It would seem contradictory to the messages we have heard.

I imagine there must be someone ITK who can identify the 3-4 people they are talking to.

There’s plenty people who claim to be in the know but the majority are just talking out the hole in there arse 

21 minutes ago, Bigbairn72 said:

A hear ye!! Totally agree with you but I honestly think it’s millers if he wants it.just a gut feeling.as long as he doesn’t get offered decent money for another year on the park.only thing is I can imagine he would want to bring someone with him.another blue nose coming to the end of his career no doubt 

Whoever comes in will have to work with the back room team in situ. They will not be bringing their own number 2. 

That continuity is seen as vital to our business plan. It will limit the possible options on manager but we cannot afford wholesale change on staff and playing staff every time we change a manager. I’m recruiting someone senior in our business just now and they will have to work with the team of people in that department. Football has always been run differently but maybe it needn’t be that way. Time will tell, of course!

20 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Would imagine the 3 or 4 would be:

Ryder
Holt
Miller
Caldwell(?)

All apart from Miller seem to fit the bill and profile we're after

14 minutes ago, Snooky said:

Whoever comes in will have to work with the back room team in situ. They will not be bringing their own number 2. 

That continuity is seen as vital to our business plan. It will limit the possible options on manager but we cannot afford wholesale change on staff and playing staff every time we change a manager. I’m recruiting someone senior in our business just now and they will have to work with the team of people in that department. Football has always been run differently but maybe it needn’t be that way. Time will tell, of course!

A good coach will work with what he’s got.always is easier for them to bring in someone with them that’s on the same wave length as them but like you said it will narrow the options down but there’s plenty of capable guys out there with the right credentials to succeed 

16 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Would imagine the 3 or 4 would be:

Ryder
Holt
Miller
Caldwell(?)

All apart from Miller seem to fit the bill and profile we're after

Duffy is probably more likely than Caldwell tbh, not sure if that is fortunately or unfortunately. 

Miller is very much on the radar, I was told a few weeks ago he was thought of highly within the club, not only as a coach but player, they see it as an opportunity to bring a quality striker with experience in at that level and also it would allow Martindale to continue the work being done also. 

My thoughts on Miller would be it may give us a better chance of keeping Halkett and getting Hardie as well but that’s just a hunch. 

As for the 3 or 4 I’m going to hazard a guess at 

Miller, Holt, Ryder and Duffy. 

I think Caldwell will likely be outwith our budget and will want to bring his own people in. 

Its likely to be next week before anything is confirmed. 

25 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Ryder does not seem to fit any of the criteria. 

Young ambitious manager with experience who wouldn't demand a huge wage - wouldn't want to bring his own staff in and would be willing to work with the players here? Seems to fit the criteria perfectly

I would imagine Holt and Caldwell will be on the shortlist; beyond that I’m unsure, Ryder seems like he’s gained a bit of momentum amongst some fans but it’s a question of whether the club even want to talk to him.

Kenny Miller would be disastrous IMO, and Jim Duffy will be nowhere near the job. A dinosaur who deserves to be at the likes of Clyde, Cowdenbeath, etc.

54 minutes ago, Afro said:

I would imagine Holt and Caldwell will be on the shortlist; beyond that I’m unsure, Ryder seems like he’s gained a bit of momentum amongst some fans but it’s a question of whether the club even want to talk to him.

Kenny Miller would be disastrous IMO, and Jim Duffy will be nowhere near the job. A dinosaur who deserves to be at the likes of Clyde, Cowdenbeath, etc.

Not keen on miller at all.reckon he could price himself out the job to be honest.dont want someone who thinks there bigger than the club

5 minutes ago, Sittìng on the fence said:

I think this has Duffy written all over it.

Starting to look like it might, would not be a forward thinking move by the club, I hope we appoint someone younger with potential.

Still say strikers don't make managers, so no Kenny Miller please.

5 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Miller is very much on the radar, I was told a few weeks ago he was thought of highly within the club, not only as a coach but player, they see it as an opportunity to bring a quality striker with experience in at that level and also it would allow Martindale to continue the work being done also. 

My thoughts on Miller would be it may give us a better chance of keeping Halkett and getting Hardie as well but that’s just a hunch. 

As for the 3 or 4 I’m going to hazard a guess at 

Miller, Holt, Ryder and Duffy. 

I think Caldwell will likely be outwith our budget and will want to bring his own people in. 

Its likely to be next week before anything is confirmed. 

The last time we brought in a quality  (ex OF) striker as an Ass Mgr/Mgr it ended in tears :) 

Archived