Stag Do dares/challenges

4 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

What is it?

Covering the groom or bride in food, tripe, shite, sticky anything & marching them through town or suchlike.

Very prevalent in the North East, Highlands & Islands seemingly*

:1eye

*Wikipedia

10 times by 3 different guys?
There's more to this than meets the (Japs) eye methinks. :blink:

I don’t even remember posting this, was pretty drunk at the time but I wasn’t being serious.

I’d never heard of blackening until a couple of years ago. Sounds like something only complete tossers would partake in.

What is it?

Basically the groom gets captured and covered in food (sometimes fish guts), tied up in the back of a pick up and then paraded around town for all to see.

18 minutes ago, throbber said:

It makes me anxious thinking about it. It’s such a fucking stupid carry on. I’m definitely only having family at my wedding.

You're all over the place in this thread, contradicting yourself at various points

I just laughed at a J_Stewart post ,

Fingers crossed one day you’ll post something that isn’t attention seeking shite and I’ll be able to reciprocate.

I’ve been to a lot of stag doos, all have been good and none have involved “drinking rules” (one best man tried to implement it at the start, was told collectively to get fucked, and it wasn’t mentioned again). Letting people drink at their own pace and enjoy themselves as they wish without peer pressure is always the best way to go. Worth remembering it’s the groom-to-be’s big send off, but everyone attending will be doing so to enjoy their weekend as well.

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

I’d never heard of blackening until a couple of years ago. Sounds like something only complete tossers would partake in.

They might do that, too...

1 hour ago, J_Stewart said:

A lassie I went to uni with once told us that she had walked in to her ex-boyfriends house unannounced and found him and his mates pulling and wanking each other off. When she stated her disgust he apparently stated that it was “just gay Monday” and it was no big deal...she disagreed and broke up with him.

Maybe her ex was welshbairn’s mate?

In the 00's Monday was gay night in Mardi Gras in Dundee so the story checks out.

Worth remembering it’s the groom-to-be’s big send off, but everyone attending will be doing so to enjoy their weekend as well.

How is it a send off? Is the grooms life going to dramatically change just because of the wedding ceremony? Most couples who get married have been together for years and are already living together so their lives aren’t going to change that much.

Basically the groom gets captured and covered in food (sometimes fish guts), tied up in the back of a pick up and then paraded around town for all to see.

Will your mates being doing this to you, prior to your wedding?

One stag night I was on was my mate's, about 30 years ago. It was in a bowling club in Granton. 11pm, the bar was just closing and my mate was playing the fruit machine when his name came up on the pool table next door. He handed me his last two coins and went through to the pool room. I got two triple bars with the first go and held them. The other two triple bars came up - fifty quid jackpot. (Bear in mind this was 30 years ago.) Bar was reopened, we got out at four in the morning and my mate's underpants ended up nailed to the board listing the past club champions.

Will your mates being doing this to you, prior to your wedding?

I honestly don’t know. Probably not as I am not the sort of guy who dishes out these sort of traditions to anyone else. The folk I know who have been blackened have all been the type who greatly enjoy male company and were probably happy for it to happen.

So pretty everything you said was bollocks?

No, the story happened in all of its horror but there was the confusion about it being my mates that I would invite to my wedding was where it all got a bit messy. I’m not friends with guys who’s disgusting behaviour I described before but I am still friends with guys who would engage in that sort of banter from my younger days.