Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

25 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

And I will pass on your comments to the Board. Quite happy to do so.

Thank you, I hope I have managed to convey the thoughts of many with that post as I don't want it to appear like a one-man rant/hidden agenda. Just how I see things. And I totally sympathise with the workload aspect of running a club and the fact certain issues might be deemed unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by Drifter

Somewhere in deepest Brazil, late sendings off takes the world record from Cove.

Palmeiras1FlamengoFlamengo1

• Gomes de Siqueira (6' minutes)
  • Pereira Rodrigues (Dismissed at 90'+6 minutes)
  • dos Santos (Dismissed at 90'+7 minutes)
  • Garcia Teixeira (Dismissed at 90'+8 minutes)
FT
  • Soares Thuler (55' minutes)
  • Cuéllar (Dismissed at 90'+6 minutes)
  • Gomes de Sousa (Dismissed at 90'+7 minutes)
  • da Silva Dourado (Dismissed at 90'+7 minutes)

Important dates for your diary - 

Opening fixtures are Clyde (A), Annan (H), Berwick (H), Elgin (A), Queens Park (A)

We finish at home to Clyde.  Away days to Berwick on 27th Oct and 9th March.  First trip to Albion Rovers is 1st December.

There's no Boxing Day or New Year game?

Edited by The Minertaur

On 6/13/2018 at 18:39, big al said:

Yeah he’s scored plenty, although against amateurs this season in reality. 

Anyway, hope Kelty do well this season. 

Think Scott's experience and know how has served him well in the EOS league.  He's probably at the perfect level right now for his age etc.  No doubt given a  run of games Sheerin would have done the same but you can't drop guys who are banging them in every game.  Good luck to Cowden and Sheerin next season!

Somewhere in deepest Brazil, late sendings off takes the world record from Cove.
Palmeiras1FlamengoFlamengo1
  • Gomes de Siqueira (6' minutes), 
  • Pereira Rodrigues (Dismissed at 90'+6 minutes), 
  • dos Santos (Dismissed at 90'+7 minutes), 
  • Garcia Teixeira (Dismissed at 90'+8 minutes)
FT
  • Soares Thuler (55' minutes), 
  • Cuéllar (Dismissed at 90'+6 minutes), 
  • Gomes de Sousa (Dismissed at 90'+7 minutes), 
  • da Silva Dourado (Dismissed at 90'+7 minutes)

Cove will claim it was fixed [emoji1]

It's crazy to think that just over a month ago, we were 'looking forward' to the Cove game... and already the new fixtures are out. Last season hasn't actually finished properly for me yet because a team I watched from the Basque Country in the fourth tier many years ago are still involved with their play-offs so I'm following that still... and I've just finished booking my first trip for the next campaign last night for the Hearts match - a bargain £27 return from Warrington to Edinburgh (with digs secured for a similar price in the Cowgate area - naturally, with watching the Cows). Can't wait for the season now.

As for my first Cowden league game, hopefully I can get up for the Queens Park away match on September 1st, depending on FC United fixtures (aiming to do Hampden for the first time - away from huge crowds of part-time 'fans', out for their once-a-year big day out, that finals and semis attract), so pricing that up at the moment. I do love this stage of the year when we can start putting plans in place for the next year of our sad existences!

Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to get back to Central Park for a while - though there is the chance that I could be celebrating my 37th birthday on 15th September against Peterhead, again dependent on FC fixtures. I'm hoping we get a dull away one so I can entice a decent-sized group along to that game if that's the case, where we can have more than one or two of us flying the soon-to-be-unveiled Cowden Reds flag.

The season only seems just around the corner now, and very soon Sockgate will be long forgotten!

It's definitely time to inject some positivity into the club following yet another unwanted 'Great Escape' and hopefully move the club forward for the future as it becomes so very easy to stagnate and disappear.

Keep the faith Cowden faithful, and see you all again soon.

Edited by Drifter

One thing that we do have as football fans during the silly season that is pre-season is that eternal sense of mostly false optimism. Yet it's an optimism we grasp on to despite any natural thoughts of impending doom following years of crapness, and it's an essential part of being a football supporter that we approach each season with some kind of hope for the season ahead. Naturally, such hope can disintegrate within a week as reality returns (or if you're a hardened Cowden follower, before the first week of the season in many instances) but whilst we still dream... here's an image to promote that pre-season positivity!

cowden still 8.jpg

7 minutes ago, Drifter said:

One thing that we do have as football fans during the silly season that is pre-season is that eternal sense of mostly false optimism. Yet it's an optimism we grasp on to despite any natural thoughts of impending doom following years of crapness, and it's an essential part of being a football supporter that we approach each season with some kind of hope for the season ahead. Naturally, such hope can disintegrate within a week as reality returns (or if you're a hardened Cowden follower, before the first week of the season in many instances) but whilst we still dream... here's an image to promote that pre-season positivity!

cowden still 8.jpg

Love it! 

23 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I see they've avoided an absolute stramash by leaving out the socks.
Good decision.

Home are black and red and away are a fetching rainbow colour.